• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Limited offer, the LRI/ARC Mausingfield Hunter action.

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    LRI/ARC has collaborated on a limited production offer:

The HUNTER MAUSINGFIELD.

We've talked about this for some time and were now finally in the home stretch. Approximately 110 receivers are in production. Roughly 12-14 are long actions with the balance being shorts. ALL are RIGHT HANDED.

The HTR Mausingfield features:

1. Remington BDL/ADL feed lip geometry. This means hinged floorplates and internal box magazines are able to be used. A FIRST!

2. Wyatt extended box magazine for cartridge lengths as long as 2.950" (SA) and 3.800" (LA). Actions alsol fully support popular DBM systems using ARC, AI, Alpha, Magpul, and Accurate Mag detachable magazines.

3. Open architecture loading/ejection port for true "sporter" applications requiring "top loader" ability for internal box magazines.

4. Lightweight 7075 billet scope base in the popular Milspec 1913 profile. 20moa (SA) and 30moa (LA).

5. Modified Rem tang profile similar to Nucleus actions.

6. All receivers "in the white" to facilitate bluing, parkerizing, Ceracote, and DLC coating processes.

7. DLC coated bolt heads.

8. All actions include a 2nd bolt release to accommodate those who wish to run a DBM using a standard cartridge length.

9. .308, Std Magnum, and Lapua bolt face bolt head/extractor configurations. NO 223's.

These are a limited production item. Once they are gone, that's it.

The parts are made to the same standards ARC has become known for. The fundamental features common to the Mausingfield are all still employed. Scope bases are still keyed to the receiver body.

NOTE:

*These are "AS IS". There are no further/additional alterations being offered or considered.
    *This is an LRI exclusive offer.
    *The photos show the action discolored. This is a byproduct of heat treating and the wire EDM. For those famaliar with Mausingfields, the "Gen 1's" were polished using the chemial/tumbler process common to other actions such as the Defiance stuff.

I chose to have the receiver bodies left uncoated because it offers a blank canvas for those who wish to have rifles stocked with a higher level of fit/finish. "In The White" allows a gunmaker to blend the stock to the tang and other features for seamless transition. -something we have always tried to be conscious of.

Coatings such as DLC are still offered, however they will done after any/all machine/stock work is completed. Finishing will carry additional fees.

Our first shipment is scheduled to depart ARC by Friday of this week. We are taking a sucker punch at "Black Friday" by announcing this a bit early. Once we have confirmation that parts have shipped from ARC, we'll announce the pricing. These actions ARE available at a discount to our dealer network. Feel free to inquire if interested.

ARC has been working very hard to make this come to fruition. This project started earlier this year. The photos are the receiver right off the wire EDM. -A very, very rare glimpse of the American Rifle Company facility at work. T

We are very excited and flattered to be able to offer this first. The demand for a sporter rifle capable Mausingfield has been in very high demand since the action was first released over 4 years ago. This is the "preamble" of things to come.

Once we have confirmation of product inbound we'll turn the store on so that ordering is painless. We'll be offering our full complement of services in package deals with this offer. Those rates will be on the store as well.

Thank you. Tell a friend!

Chad, Kalli, and staff.

1541538601416.png

1541538616822.png

1541538635546.png

1541538651210.png

Chad, let me get the first dumb questions out of the way. I'm shooting a Gen 1 .260 Mausingfield you helped me with, and I like it a lot.

1) How much to get it DLC?
    2) Are you doing the Wire EDM (is ARC sending you Mausingfields that You mod) or is ARC doing a separate model for you?

Chad, let me get the first dumb questions out of the way. I'm shooting a Gen 1 .260 Mausingfield you helped me with, and I like it a lot.

1) How much to get it DLC?
    2) Are you doing the Wire EDM (is ARC sending you Mausingfields that You mod) or is ARC doing a separate model for you?

ARC is building these for us.

Chad are you planing to put together an optional package to get them built as a complete rifle?

I would like to have one of the long actions. I would like two if one of them had 1.125" threads. But I will need to know a price before I commit.

Reactions: Bender
    Chad, do you have any more details on the scope base/picatinny rail? Does it bridge the port or is it a two piece affair?

Guys, read, he says to contact him for pricing.

Another grand slam from LRI! I am bummed about no .233 boldface, as my wish is for a “hunting” style .223 custom. But I’ll keep saving money for one!

Guys, read, he says to contact him for pricing.

Another grand slam from LRI! I am bummed about no .233 boldface, as my wish is for a “hunting” style .223 custom. But I’ll keep saving money for one!
    I'm not a Dealer so I think this applies to me, "Once we have confirmation that parts have shipped from ARC, we'll announce the pricing".

Chad are you planing to put together an optional package to get them built as a complete rifle?

I've always had this "vision" (sounds gay, but bear with me) of LRI as more of a "speed shop" for guns than a manufacturer. Simply to mean something along the lines of buying your first "fast car" and then taking it somewhere for the turbos, blowers, nitrous, brakes, suspension, whatever...

We have the resources to do whatever you'd like. "You" being the key word here. The moment I start racking these things and calling it some goofy name, I become subject to all the "glory" that manufacturing becomes subject to; Additional taxation, audits, insurance, blah, blah..

There's enough to do around here already, lol.

C.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Bradu and Bender
    I would like to have one of the long actions. I would like two if one of them had 1.125" threads. But I will need to know a price before I commit.

Why would they have 1.125" threads? No Mausingfield ever has had these. To answer your question, they don't. 1-1/16-20tpi. Same as they've always been. If someone can show why it needs to be bigger, give ARC a call and convince Ted.

It'll either be a very long or short talk, lol.

Why would they have 1.125" threads? No Mausingfield ever has had these. To answer your question, they don't. 1-1/16-20tpi. Same as they've always been. If someone can show why it needs to be bigger, give ARC a call and convince Ted.

It'll either be a very long or short talk, lol.
    They could have 1.125" threads if ARC decided to make some that size, and I believe they did make a few of their first actions that size. That would be the same reason they could have Remington feed lips, no Mausingfield has ever had these either.

They could have 1.125" threads if ARC decided to make some that size, and I believe they did make a few of their first actions that size. That would be the same reason they could have Remington feed lips, no Mausingfield has ever had these either.

"no Mausingfield has ever had these either."

Until these. Read the post again. They DO have feedlips. It's kind of the whole point. As for the 1-1/8 thread thing. If you count the first few made, yes, they did have them. There's so few of them though that its kind of irrelevent. The action has been out now 4+ years. There might be 10 in the world with the larger thread pitch.

As stated, these are 1-1/16 x 20. Same as they've been for a long time. Preserving as much wall thickness as possible forward of the lugs is never a bad thing. X2 on bigger cartridges as the receiver can effectively stretch there. -Why M700's easily develop a tick at the top of the bolt when running Lapuas. Case stretch due to the receiver growing/shrinking.

Reactions: ZG47A
    "no Mausingfield has ever had these either."

Until these. Read the post again. They DO have feedlips. It's kind of the whole point.

I don't have to read it again, having Remington feed lips NOW was MY point to illustrate how your "never had it" wasn't a valid reason to not have it now. They have or don't have whatever because that is the way ARC wants to make them. The way they want to make them can change.

Last edited:
    You know, I was looking to buy a Norma bolt head for my Mausingfield, so buying a 300NM setup from you guys with that included is like me saving $250, right? That's surely enough justification for a new barreled action.

Last edited:
    You know, I was looking to buy a Norma bolt head for my Mausingfield, so buying a 300NM setup from you guys with that included is like me saving $250, right? That's surely enough justification for a new barreled action.

Ok, sooooo you saw the crack pipe and like it. Now just sniff it a little...lol. :)

Thought a hot 2 seconds about something in a boomer but went for the tried and true short. Looking forward to this, love my Nucreus this should be more better.

I’ve got a 6CM nucleus on the way, a 300WM Mausingfield in hand, so time for a big one. Leaning towards 338LM improved. Talked with Kalli and have a long action purchased with a couple days to nail down chamber and barrel.

Last edited:
    I’ve got a 6CM nucleus on the way, a 300WM Mausingfield in hand, so time for a big one. Leaning towards 338LM improved. Talked with Kalli and have this one purchased with a couple days to nail down chamber and barrel.

....and now I’m thinking 300 Norma lol

I’m done with fireforming. And truthfully I’m about done with handloading. And that’s why sanity is setting in and I’m not adding a long action.

What is the weight of just the action (if I missed it, apologies, but I cannot find any info on it), Thanks!