• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Linear comp/device with most dB reduction at the shooter

SquarePizza

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
NY
I am looking at the witt machine SME, but they seem to be perpetually out of stock for 6.5, and it got me to wondering: What linear comp/blast device/whatever you want to call them has the most dB reduction at the shooter?

I am debating on either waiting for the SME to come back into stock or buy something like a surefire warden, but I have my doubts if the shooter would notice the same amount of blast reduction. I don't care if its louder down range, just trying to make it more pleasant on the shooter side.

Why bother? 1- the forbidden Popsicle is forbidden and 2- hunting without ear pro

Following, as I hunt with handguns and have the same theory.

Same here; about to relocate to where I cannot have cans and pondering what, if anything, I should toss on my bolt-guns.

You might want to take a look at the Area 419 Hellfire.
1655897675950.png

Keep in mind that none of these will be anywhere close to hearing safe (which not all suppressors are either), and in my experience with two different ones only really seem to cut down the concussion, not noise.

Keep in mind that none of these will be anywhere close to hearing safe (which not all suppressors are either), and in my experience with two different ones only really seem to cut down the concussion, not noise.
I was figuring this.
Curious as to how much recoil reduction there is as well.
I never assume anything is hearing safe, always have ear pro.
I *know* the DB reduction from my 6.5 can.
I notice a significant reduction in recoil from the supressor. Don’t mind it, but rapid fire at distance and watching round impacts is improved with the can on.
The real question I ponder is: why not just leave the barrel stock?

I was figuring this.
Curious as to how much recoil reduction there is as well.
I never assume anything is hearing safe, always have ear pro.
I *know* the DB reduction from my 6.5 can.
I notice a significant reduction in recoil from the supressor. Don’t mind it, but rapid fire at distance and watching round impacts is improved with the can on.
The real question I ponder is: why not just leave the barrel stock?
The only use I see is in a cqb type environment. I would probably just shoot a brake on a precision gun.

Reactions: DoctorBen