• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

List of ar15 kit suppliers?

GlockandRoll

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2008
Austin, TX
Wwhat's your favorite AR-15 source for kits, I'm trying to think of a list of the ones I know, some of which I have used:
1. Del-Ton
2. Model 1 Sales
3. Palmetto State Armory
4. ar15-kits.com
5. ar15gunkits.com
6. mapartsinc.com
7. jtdistributing.net

Anything else I should check out?

Re: List of ar15 kit suppliers?

Out of your list, I would say PSA would be who got my business.

BCM is highly recommended as well.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/

I built my ARs from bottom-feeder parts and I've had to do a LOT of work on them to get them as reliable as BCM or PSA are straight out the gate. One thing I consider a major point with the other guys is the fact that I've had to ream the chambers on ALL my 5.56-marked barrels (except my Colt) in order to bring them to TRUE 5.56 specs. Little hidden details like this can be a big setback at the most inopportune moments if you use it for, say, law enforcement.

On the flip side, all my tinkering with those pesky "less than milspec" ARs has taught me WAY MORE than I ever would have learned if I just put together all my guns and they worked flawlessly.

There's a difference in a hobby-level plinking/hunting gun and a pro-level combat weapon. If you are like ME and just enjoy messing with guns and your life will not depend on it, then probably any of the brands on your list will be sufficient. If you want trouble-free from the get-go then spend a little more for the PSA or BCM.

Also, need to get your order in soon before the parts all dry up from the panic buying.

Why not stag arms? That's all over ever used and they have not given me a reason to change.

100% correct on Stag they are one of the longest supplier out there. I will also add as a dealer they remainied sold and did not gouge back during the last election cycle when so many others did so. They kept pricing the same and gave honest eta's to folks like me so I could supply real updates to antsy customers afraid they would Outlaw AR's

Yeah I have no complaint. I just ordered an upper, barrel, gas block and tube. They were nice and give honest eta on shipment. And like you said they didn't take advantage of anyone when the big scare came about. Honesty and integrity is worth a lot to me.

BTW, what triggered this is I want to do a 5 part series on different AR configurations, starting with a target/varmint model, building on a budget. I've already got part 2 done, an SBR/NFA peice for home defense, and will be doing a writeup on it with video and pics when I get my new camera of Charles and I have time to hit the range together.

http://tacticalgunreview.com/blog/2012/0...ttarget-method/

We are going to do one for hunting, 3-gun, low light as well. I expect this to be the most fun project I've been involved w/since I started with TGR!

Look forward to the reviews! Will the NFA review be 7 months long?
wink.gif

Thanks. BTW, I've already got a suppressor in hand for this one, just need to take the time to photograph it and write it up.