• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

List of uppers/Rifles- Help

aberbaseball7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2010
Wichita Falls tx
Wow what a can of worms I have opened on my self. I have went from wanting a 5.56 to 6.5 grendel to 6.8spc back to 5.56. Bottom line is next week I will be ordering something if my HEAD DOESN'T EXPLODE! To many options without being able to go out and shoot and hold each and every upper. I have finally chose the 5.56 as ammo is cheap and it will do what I need it to do while saving money.

I currently have a PSA stripped lower, LPK, Ergo grip, magpul winter trigger guard. Also got a cheap bushnell 1-4x24 trophy xlt 30mm to see how I like the 1-4 and plan to upgrade down the road.

So I am at a cross road as to what upper to buy or sell my lower parts and buy a complete rifle. I will add the Geissele SSA-E and rock river operator stock or Vltor IMOD to my current lower or add them to either of the two complete rifles I have listed.

Cost really is a factor but I haven't listed anything out of my price range. So basically is one going to be better then the other?

$824 DI BCM Standard 16" Mid MI SS-12"
$827 DI Daniel Defense M4 - V7 NS
$904 DI BCM SS410 16" Mid VTAC TRX 13" 1/8 Twist
$925 Piston Adams Arms 5.56 Carbine Evo Ultra Lite
$935 DI LMT 16" Upper Receiver Assembly
$1,000 DI Noveske 16" Rogue Hunter 5.56mm
$1,050 DI BCM SS410 16" Mid Length w/ PRI 12"
$1,195.00 DI LaRue Stealth 16"
$1,199 DI JP-15 16"
$1,175 Piston LWRC m6-SL 16" Piston
$1,400 Piston POF 5.56MM 11T M.R.R.™ Tactical Rail 16

$1,395 Complete Gun DI Rock River Fred Eichler Series Predator with RRA Operator CAR Stock
$1400 Complete gun Colt 6944 http://clydearmory.com/colt-le6944.html

Re: List of uppers/Rifles- Help

Honestly, there's not anything on that list that I would absolutely throw my towel down and stomp away from in horror.

I am a huge fan of daniel defense and if you want to "get in" on the cheap, you could do worse than the M4 - V7 NS.

It really comes down to which one of those has the features you need/want at a price you are willing to pay?

Do you KNOW what you need this to do? And what features it takes to do that?

What I need is much less then what 99% of guys on this site NEED.

I plan to use this as a general target shooting, under 200 yard coyote hunting, under 100 yard white tail hunting once a year. I just want a light weight reliable gun that can do a bit of everything with and have fun. But what I dont want is a cheap unreliable piece of crap or over the top DUTY weapon that will never see 5,000-10,000+ rounds of abuse.

I dont really care for a quad rail hand guard but if that is what I choose I plan to use rail covers. I like the smooth tubes with the ability to add a bipod mount and a vertical grip. No lasers, flash lights or random Tacticool stuff.

Then you might want to take a closer look at the adams arms and the noveske rogue hunter on that list.

Also specialized dynamics has a LW-Hunter upper with a smooth and light weight carbon fiber tube for under a grand.

Will be on the new website which should launch friday or this weekend.

I have talked to "MO" about a 6.8 upper from scott at SD. I have had a DTech 243wssm before and know how good the custom uppers are. I know Scott is swamped and was told he has no 5.56 barrels at the moment. I would love for him to build me an upper but not sure on a realistic wait time as he has no control if he doesn't have the parts to make these uppers. I will PM him on predator masters and see whats up. I really do appreciate the input. Thanks