• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes List of where scopes are manufactured

galveston22

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2009
Texas
I'd like to compile a list of optics manufacturers and what country they manufacture their products in. I will update the original post as responses come in.

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Bushnell - [*]Nikon - [*]Leupold - [*]Vortex - USA [*]Burris - [*]Sightron - [/list]

Re: List of where scopes are manufactured

That, unfortunately has become a rather complicated issue.

Do you want to document where the scopes are actually assembled, where the bulk of the peices come from, what about different models?

Some manufacturers have scopes assembled in the USA, using parts from Japan. Some are all assembled in Japan using some chinese components.

Different models from the same company may also have different origins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: galveston22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to compile a list of optics manufacturers and what country they manufacture their products in. I will update the original post as responses come in.

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Bushnell - [*]Nikon - [*]Leupold - [*]Vortex - USA [*]Burris - [*]Sightron - [/list] </div></div>

This one is kinda complicated since these makers make scopes in different places depending on the particular scope line.

Bushnell:
Elite 3200/4200/6500 - Japan
Other Bushnell scopes - China

Nikon:
Monarch and Buckmaster - Phillipines
Pro Staff - no clue (wouldn't buy one anyway)

Leupold - supposedly assembled in US, but glass and most components are made overseas. Glass is sourced either in China, Korea or Japan, depending on the scope line.

Vortex:
Razor - Japan
Viper - Phillipines
Diamondback - Phillipines
Crossfire - China

Burris:
Various Diamonds, XTR and Signature Select are assembled in US with glass coming from Japan.
Other Burris scopes - Phillipines

Sightron:
All Sightron scopes are made in Japan to the best of my knowledge

ILya

there is one better.....a handbook of standard reticle patterns by manufacturer compiled by D.Andrew Kopas....updated 1/03/09