• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lithgow No1Mk3* HT Short Bracket Sniper Rifle

S12A

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Australia
Rifle No.1 MkIII* H.T

These rifles were brought into Australian Service towards the end of World War 2.

There are 2 variations, a standard bracket model and short bracket often referred to as high and low mount respectively.

This is a Short Bracket model built off a 1915 dated Lithgow reciever. Most used Lithgow receivers between 1915-1918 dates.
Thbis rifle retains it's original butt, with the "H" stamp on the top of the wrist of the rifle.

The scope is mounted to the rifle via a claw mount setup, its centered above the bore.

The scope is a Pattern 1918 scope made by the Australian Optical Company (AOC) in Victoria.
The short bracket models have a scallop cut from the rear upper hand guard to allow the scope to be tipped forward for attachment and removal.

A kit came with the rifles, including center sling swivels, a cheek piece and a scope case.

in total of the short Bracket models only 481 were made, this one in particular was sent to stores on 27/07/1945

complete 1.jpg

complete 3.jpg

complete 6.jpg

complete 9.jpg

scope 1.jpg

Scope 2.jpg

Attachments

• complete 3.jpg
    complete 3.jpg
    824.3 KB · Views: 29
  • complete 6.jpg
    complete 6.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 28
  • complete 9.jpg
    complete 9.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 27
  • scope 1.jpg
    scope 1.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Scope 3.jpg
    Scope 3.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 33
Thanks for the nice pics and history. That is a rare vintage sniper rifle that I have never seen, and its perfect for this forum.

That's pretty neat.

What are the scope details - power and reticle especially. I guess you can't use stripper clips with the scope mounted?

Have you shot it?

That's pretty neat.

What are the scope details - power and reticle especially. I guess you can't use stripper clips with the scope mounted?

Have you shot it?
The scope is 3 X , post reticle. rounded point . Cant run clips as this is center mounted. Going to shoot tomorrow.

Reactions: RPN