• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Little baby Nightforce

sam626

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2011
stilwell, kansas
Do any of you guys happen to know why Nightforce discontinued the 2.5-10x24? It seemed like a lot of scope in a small package but they were gone before I got a chance to check one out.

Re: Little baby Nightforce

It is still available to fulfill military contracts to NSW, just removed from commercial sales. Basically, when the 2.5-10x32 was released, commercial sales almost had zero interest in the 24mm. The 32 offered more performance and was more appealing to consumers so the 24mm was discontinued from the commercial line up.
The 32mm is 2" longer and 2 ounces heavier than the 24mm.
There still seems to be some nostalgic interest in the small package, just not enough to justify keeping it in the commercial lineup.
Even our military customers are utilizing the 32mm over the 24mm. One specific Tier 1 group still prefers the 24mm and for them, we keep a small stock of 24mm tubes on hand.

Read the rules for posting for sale and where to do so when you are eligible.

I had the NF 2.5-10x24 Mildot/MIL I had issues with eye relief and ended up selling it shortly after the purchase. You may see things differently though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is still available to fulfill military contracts to NSW, just removed from commercial sales. Basically, when the 2.5-10x32 was released, commercial sales almost had zero interest in the 24mm. The 32 offered more performance and was more appealing to consumers so the 24mm was discontinued from the commercial line up.
The 32mm is 2" longer and 2 ounces heavier than the 24mm.
There still seems to be some nostalgic interest in the small package, just not enough to justify keeping it in the commercial lineup.
Even our military customers are utilizing the 32mm over the 24mm. One specific Tier 1 group still prefers the 24mm and for them, we keep a small stock of 24mm tubes on hand. </div></div>

I think we should start up a petition, to bring back the 24. It`s a great scope in a little package. The interest isn`t nostalgic, there`s real demand for it. The secondhand 24s that appear for sale in the optics section get snapped up as soon as they get posted. If you`re running an M4 or an AR with a 16 inch tube the 24 is the way to go - the 32 is just too bulky for light carbine rigs IMPO.

I had the 2.5-10x24. Recently replaced it with the USO 1.5-6x SN4. - Love the USO but wish I had been able to keep the NF too. Awesome optic. Just wish mine had been MIL/MIL.

I have the 2.5-10x24 its a great scope for the money. It's lite and very compact, I think its eye relief is very forgiving.

If I hadn't found this one I would've gone with USO 1.5-6

I want a 2.5-10x24, please make them again NF

Best Optic I have, thats to include my other NF and IOR scopes, totally agree with you Sititunga theres a real following for this little scope. 00bullitt, having looked through the 32mm, I am not so sure it offers that much more performance over the 24mm imho, I do appreciate the fine scopes you make.
My Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x24 Mil/Moa ZS on my 264lbc 18 inch upper, oh the joy this combo has given me.
IMG_0776.jpg