• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Little Crow Gunworks (Worlds finest trimmer 2) Atrocious customer service!!

Bob L Swagger

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2010
Base of the Appalachians
Roughly 2 weeks ago I called Little Crow Gunworks and ordered a 7 SAUM trim chamber for my Worlds Finest Trimmer 2. A package from them arrived via USPS the day before yesterday containing the 7 SAUM trim chamber along with a Worlds Finest Trimmer 2 housing cutter, which I did not order and was charged $69.95 for. I contacted Dale Hegstrom, the proprietor of said company and explained the error with my order. At this time, I asked Dale to e-mail me a shipping label and I will print it, tape it to the package and hand it to the mailman upon his arrival. Dale responded, "I don't know how to do that, just drive it over to the USPS and send it back & I'll reimburse you for the part and for shipping." I explained that it would be a 20 mile round trip and I wouldn't have time to go out of my way for the next few days. Apparently Mr. Hegstrom must have some sort of psychological issues as he did not like what I had to say, so he hung up the phone on me.

Upon calling back, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and stated, "We must have been disconnected," at which point Mr. Hegstrom stated in a belligerent manner, "NO, I hung up on you!" Upon questioning Mr. Hegstrom as to why he did so, he stated "Cause you are a whining little bitch & go fuck yourself!" Then Mr. Hegstrom began making a crying sound just before he hung up the phone yet again. After giving it a few minutes, I called again, at this point he seemed to be very irate as he continuously repeated "Just send everything back." I again attempted to advise Mr. Hegstrom that I did not want to send everything back, just the part that I did not order. Again he continued with "Just send it all back!"

Due to his irrational actions and words, I figured I would pass this along to the rest of the shooting community. If you are in the market for a case trimmer or a custom rifle, I would STRONGLY suggest to look else where... God forbid you need to contact this gem for customer service.

I had a different experience. I bought a used WFT with a 243 trim chamber (when I bought it I asked the seller if it would also work on 7mm08 and 260 cases and he said he thought so). Turns out it was only for the 243. So I contacted Dale and he said "just send it back and we'll open up the neck to 308". No problems, no attitude. Guess I got lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, its seems a lot of companies feel that consumers are privileged purchase their goods. I have often said, firearms related companies and coke dealers are the only people who can treat their customers the way they do, and we still beg them to take our money.

Lol. I probably would have laughed when he started making the crying sounds. But I agree wholeheartedly with the post above me.

Thanks for pointing this out. That customer service is beyond unacceptable. I hope he gets you squared away regardless.

I have purchased two trimmers from Dale. I just bought one a couple of weeks ago for a 6.5 RSAUM 4S. I did not have any problems.

I have one of the Trim-It trimmers, that things works great. Similar to WFT, but it has a mic on it, so adjusting it is way easier. Using it for my .300 Win Mag and .338 Lapua.

If they charged you for something you didn't order, and are making it a hassle to send it back, I might check with my credit card company on doing a chargeback. Vendors to not like chargebacks.

If they charged you for something you didn't order, and are making it a hassle to send it back, I might check with my credit card company on doing a chargeback. Vendors to not like chargebacks.

Beat me to it as I would say the same. If you paid by CC you are covered when you call them and say you didn't order it, they have 30 days to respond or it will be charged back.

If you paid with a debit card just call your bank and dispute the extra charge, then ship the item back as soon as you have a chance.

I have dealt with him several times and he has always been very pleasant to deal with and has a good joke to tell.He did send me the wrong trimmer one time,I called him and said he would ship the right one out and send it second day so I would get it faster and send me a extra cutter bit for the inconvenience and for me to ship the other one back when I could and he would credit shipping.Sorry you had a bad experience.

Got the 223 but replaced the cutter with a carbide 4 flute one. The existing one cut like a wet bus ticket. Nice equipment . However bought 3 CTS trimmers. Classy product and super service.Sent from USA to New Zealand and arrived in 4 days. Wait for it. Follow up emails to check it arrived and an enquiry as to satisfactory performance.Nor sure when he goes to bed but an email was answered in minutes on the other side of the world. 11/10 for service.:cool: