• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Little friends under our feeder

dksd39

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2006
Hollywood, FL/ Kentucky
So Keithtb1 and I were headed out to check our feeders and cameras and we ran into some little friends lol...we have about a 30 minute 4wheeler ride to our first feeder and as we rounded a corner we were about 40 yards away from these two little guys sitting under our feeder.....not sure where mama was but we were glad to not have dealt with her. Bears are becoming more and more of a problem....hope one day FL opens a bear season.
bears.jpg

Re: Little friends under our feeder

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bear season is not far off...
wink.gif
</div></div>

Wish I could say the same but florida does not have a season. They are a protected species and FWC has no plans to re-open a season stating they are still endangered. FWC lists that there are estimated 2500 black bear in the state. Now im sure they are just trying to protect the bear but I have serious doubts about the number calculations. We deal with them on a regular basis and they regularly attack our 4wheelers. They camp out in groups under our feeders. I find it hard to believe that our constant contact with them is rare as we deal with them on both of our hunting properties which are located 5 hours apart.

That is awesome. I don't know if I am asking for problems, but I am anxious for more of them to get here in the E part of our woods so we can hunt them as well.
laugh.gif

I see everyone posting pics of these big animals such as bear, elk, mountain lions, and mule deer, when all we have here is coyotes, armadillos, and labradors with antlers! LOL

If they are anything like they are here in the North East Ga. Mtns. you don't want them! We are infested with them and the last 3 yrs, seems like everytime I go out I run into a bear. Game Wardens think they are not to many but from my experience they are way to many. They have hurt what little deer population we have. Between bear and hogs, you just about have to leave to go kill deer.