• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Little Help!!!!: Drag Bag/Shooting Mat

pcweidman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
www.facebook.com
Hey guys I am going to buy a drag bag/shooting mat to put inside my Boyt Tactical Hard Case for my AICS 300. This will travel on Airplanes (inside the boyt) and in the back of my SUV to practice or to hunt. I like the idea of the Blackhawk drag bag/shooting mat with hawktex for practice reasons to stay out of the ants and chiggers and such during my heavy practice season of the Alabama summers. It has a built in mat. It has crossed my mind just to buy a decent shooting mat as well. However this product does not seem to be as robust as the other high end bags. Considering: Blackhawk long gun with hawktex, Blackhawk long gun drag bag, Eberlestock (which I own a few of their products and quality and durability and warranty are just bad ass) or the Tac Ops or the Eagle.

Specs I like:
- tough quality materials with high quality stitching
- ingenuity with layout and pocket configuration. Large enough to hold boxes of 300wm ammo
- quality ergonic backpack strappage
- made in USA if possible
- great pocket and Molle existence or availability
- shooting mat built in. Not a deal breaker
- OD, Dark Earth, Dry Earth or Multicam.

I am open to other brands I'd you all have suggestions!!!!

Thanks!!

C

Re: Little Help!!!!: Drag Bag/Shooting Mat

What size is your case?

Not a lot of options for US made "drag bags" right now.

Eagle commercial products are now made in Dominican Republic.
Eberle, Black Hawk and Galati all come from Asia.

I have a Blackhawk that I've been using since 2000.
It has held up great.

Go with the TacOps if the lack of molle isn't a dealbreaker.