• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Little help on a prarie dog adventure...

drake22

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2008
Sunshine State
Hey all,

I've been reading on here for a few years, don't post much but I've taken away a ton of information. I wanted to reach out to you all and see if I could get some help in planning a prarie dog adventure for 2013.

My Dad is retiring in December, and I'm planning on taking him out West on a 3-4 day hunt. It's one of those things that he's always wanted to do, just never done it. He is the hardest working man, that I've ever met in my life. He has worked 7 days a week since he was 19 yrs old, and plans on retiring in December at age 62. He bought me my first Chipmunk 22lr when I was a little one, and got me into shooting / hunting. We've enjoyed many days on the range, and now my son is enjoying the same tradition. I know that he would have the trip of a lifetime, and really enjoy it.

Does anyone have any guides / outfitters they've personally used? Hell, we might have some guides here on the forum. I would like to hunt 2, maybe 3 days. Then, have a day or so to do some sightseeing around. Any preference on one state versus another? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Little help on a prarie dog adventure...

Open to all... Guess I should have added that I would like to do this on somehwat of a budget, so the larger airport (cheaper airfare) would be preferred.

I've been to SD years ago for pheasant hunting. So some place that would have some sightseeing would be great too.