• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Little Help Please.... Mark-X Sear Spring/Sear Return Spring

woojos

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2013
Can someone please confirm this is the correct part:

Sear Spring - Common Part (F17518)

for the following trigger?

tumblr_n0chhp9bes1tqmggbo1_1280.jpg

I'm pretty sure the trigger is an older X-Mark based on the shape of the top part and that the bottom part has no externally available adjustments. The spring goes in between these two pieces. I've been googling for an hour and think I figured out what I need and a place that has it, but I just want to be sure.

I took a rifle to get some threading and cerakote this AM, and in my haste removing the trigger, I sent the spring flying. I didn't even realize it was gone, until I realized it was gone, which was of course too late to recover it.

Last edited:
its just a common coil spring. you may can find a similar spring at your local hardware store. If you've got to feel all warm and fuzzy with a factory part send me a PM. I've got quite a few of those triggers and will send you a spring. For what its worth while that piece of junk is out of the gun, step to the back door and give it a strong toss....then get yourself a decent trigger! I have a collection of them because all my customers want them gone.

PM Sent. Thanks again!

For what it's worth, that trigger was tuned by someone and compared to the factory untouched X-Mark in my other rifle, felt about as good as any I could imagine. Since, I got into the other one and played with it a bit but nothing more than turning down the pull weight on the accessible screw and this one still feels better. After another couple of seasons and I trust myself enough, maybe I will swap it out. Until then, its all on me.