• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

[LMG] FNs new machine gun (replacing the minimi and/or M240)

craigos

craigos from Scout 2015
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    PNW
    Pls move if in wrong forum - sorry.

~ 12 minutes in. Impressive.

You sure about that? Didn't big green go with Sig? The one I saw doesn't have a traditional buttstock, basically just a pad on the receiver. It's pretty badass. IMO I think they're gonna go with Sig for the rifle too (it's closest to the M4) but then again, Remington got kicked out of bed and Sig is the new girlfriend.

I've seen it taken apart, doesn't use a feed tray cover and is much easier to load and manage. The entire action, bolt, carrier and cam comes out as one piece, it's a work of art.

FN's HAMR was pretty badass too, fired closed bolt but automatically switched to open bolt once it heated up. That's a doorkickers wet dream right there. If the SAW is gonna go "ka-chunk" it's always once you get through the door... And good luck lugging that fucking 240 around.

With Strykers and shit I don't see why they don't stow more mission specific shit under the seat, but whatever. All this junk works great when used for the right job, just like any tool. That said, those fucking SAWs gotta go, they're older than Moses.