• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMS Defense - Pistol & Carbine - Sept '09 / COLORA

USMC03

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2003
Colorado
www.03designgroup.com
LMS Defense http://lmsdefense.com/lms/

<span style="font-weight: bold">Carbine 1</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Dates:</span> September 26 - 27, 2009

<span style="font-weight: bold">Location:</span> Pueblo West, Colorado

<span style="font-weight: bold">Instructors:</span> John Chapman and Kevin Williams

<span style="font-weight: bold">Price:</span>

- <span style="font-weight: bold">Pueblo West Sportsman's Association range Members = $400.00</span>

- <span style="font-weight: bold">Non-PWSA Members</span> $400.00 + ($25 per day) range fee = <span style="font-weight: bold">$450.00</span>

42Carbine%201%20pic.JPG

The LMS Defense's Carbine I course will teach marksmanship fundamentals, combat stress management, rifle zero, rifle manipulation, movement, use of cover, fighting from unusual positions, ground gun fighting, an introduction to team tactics, gear selection and on going self-training tools. This fast paced, challenging course will enable you to intelligently integrate the rifle into your arsenal of options; helping you remain the Last Man Standing.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Duration:</span> 2 days

<span style="font-weight: bold">Prerequisites:</span> None.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Equipment Needed:</span>

-Carbine and 4 magazines

-1000 rounds of rifle ammunition

-Sling

-Handgun and 3 magazines

-300 rounds of handgun ammunition

-Holster and magazine pouches

-Cover garment if you regularly carry your weapon concealed

-Pen and notebook

-Hat or other head covering

-Gloves

-Knee and elbow pads

-Eye and ear protection

-Sunscreen or raingear (as applicable)

-Adequate personal water supply

-Sack lunch and snack food (We do not leave the range for lunch)

-Recommended: Please bring the gear you will have with your rifle in a fight, ie: tactical vest, duty belt, bug out rig, patrol rifle bag, etc.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Register for this course:</span>
http://lmsdefense.com/lms/home/register/268

To register follow the links above or contact LMS Defense:
http://lmsdefense.com/lms/home/contactus

For local information about the class feel free to contact Jeff at [email protected] (ZERO before the [email protected], not the letter "o")

Re: LMS Defense - Pistol & Carbine - Sept '09 / COLORA

<span style="font-weight: bold">Motels in Pueblo West (15 - 20 minute driving time to the range)</span>

-Comfort Inn of Pueblo West (719) 547-9400 (77 South Radnor Dr. Pueblo West, CO. 81007)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Motels in the city of Pueblo (15 - 20 minutes driving time to the range....the following hotels are located close to I-25 & Exit #102....6 miles south of the exit to the range)</span>

-Best Western Eagleridge Inn & Suites (719) 543-4644 (4727 N Elizabeth Street Pueblo, CO. 81008)

-Comfort Inn Pueblo (719) 542-6868 (4645 N. Freeway Pueblo, CO. 81008)

-La Quinta Inn (719) 542-3500 (4801 North Elizabeth St. Pueblo, CO. 81008)

-Ramada Inn (719) 544-6526 (4703 North Freeway Pueblo, CO. 81008)

-Sleep Inn (719) 583-4000 (3626 North Freeway Pueblo, CO. 81008)

-Wingate By Wyndham (719) 586-9000 (4711 North Elizabeth Pueblo, CO. 81008)

<span style="font-weight: bold">**The motels in the city of Pueblo are 40 - 45 minute drive time from the Colorado Springs airport**</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">**DIRECTIONS TO THE RANGE**:</span>

From the city of Pueblo
- North bound on I-25 to Exit #108
- Exit on #108, at the end of the off ramp take a left onto Purcell (go through the tunnel under I-25)
- Travel 4.2 miles on Purcell to Platteville Rd and turn right onto Platteville Rd. (Platville Rd. loops around and connects with Purcell in 2 places, so watch your odometer and make sure you take the correct Platville Rd)
- Travel 2.4 miles on Platteville Rd to Cashmire Ave (when Platteville road turns from a dirt road to an asphault road, you have less than a half mile until you are at Cashmire Ave)
- Turn Right on Cashmere Ave and take the second road (Loma Drive) and turn left. Loma Drive dead ends into the range approximately 2 blocks from Cashmere.

Coming from Colorado Springs
- South bound on I-25 to Exit #108
- Exit on #108, at the end of the off ramp take a right onto Purcell
- Travel 4.2 miles on Purcell to Platteville Rd and turn right onto Platteville Rd. (Platville Rd. loops around and connects with Purcell in 2 places, so watch your odometer and make sure you take the correct Platville Rd)
- Travel 2.4 miles on Platteville Rd to Cashmire Ave (when Platteville road turns from a dirt road to an asphalt road, you have less than a half mile until you are at Cashmire Ave)
- Turn Right on Cashmere ave and take the second road (Loma Drive) and turn left. Loma Drive dead ends into the range approximately 2 blocks from Cashmire.

Coming from the The Inn or Comfort Inn in Pueblo West
- Take McCulloch north of Highway 50 west and follow it until it dead ends into Platteville Rd.
- Turn Left (West) onto Platteville Blvd and travel to Gantts Fort
- Turn Right (North) onto Gantts Fort and travel 2.4 miles to Platteville Rd. (Platteville Rd makes a large loop through Pueblo West)
- Turn Left (West) onto Platteville Rd and travel .3 (3/10) mile to Cashmere Ave
- Turn Right on Cashmere Ave and take the second road (Loma Drive) and turn left. Loma Drive dead ends into the range approximately 2 blocks from Cashmire.

<span style="font-weight: bold">FYI</span>

Full auto firing is *not* permitted at the range.

Tracers and armor piercing ammo is *not* permitted at the range.

No firing on the range until after 8am due to a county noise ordinance and no night shooting (cease fire is 30 minutes prior to sunset).

Thanks,

Jeff (host)

[email protected]

<span style="font-weight: bold">Change of plans.

The pistol class has been canceled.

The new dates for the carbine course are Sept 26 - 27 (Sat & Sun).</span>

I shot LMS Pistol class in NC was very professional and smaller class size enabled everyone good time with instructor and a more personal feel compared to other courses I have attended.

Good info, thanks jeffy. I've known John Chapman for several years, but this will be my first oppertunity to take one of his classes.

Received the following info from a member on another board:

<span style="font-style: italic">"The WalMart in Falcon CO (east of Colorado Springs on Hwy 24) has 500 Federal 100rd bulk pack .223 55gr in stock if anyone is looking for ammo for the class."</span>

A student had his 5.56mm ammo shipped to my residence and had to back out of this class due to work.

I have the ammo and can bring it to class, if anyone is interested. Contact Mick and make arrangements.

<span style="font-style: italic">For Sale: 1 case of
5.56 American Tactical Imports SS-109 62gr. Penetrator (990 Rounds Total)

This is 5.56 ammunition, not .223.

American Tactical Imports 5.56 Mil-Spec SS-109 62gr. Penetrator Ammo. This ammo is manufactured by MKE in Turkey. MKE is a state of the art ammunition factory, that is NATO approved. They provide ammuntion to the turkish military and exports ammunition to over 40 other countries for military use. This ammo is approved by the U.S. Department of Defense as an excepted ammunition for our military. This ammo is brass cased, boxer primed and non-corrosive. This ammo has a sealed primer and an annealed case neck to meet NATO spec's. This is excellent ammo and each lot is tested at the factory to meet a less than 1" MOA at 100 yards. This ammo is packed in 30rd. boxes, 990rds. per case.

Link to ammo:
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/p...62gr-penetrator

Retail Price: $399.99

<span style="font-weight: bold">Selling Price: $325</span>

Contact Info:
<span style="font-weight: bold">Mick at [email protected] </span>

</span>