• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT 224V

flyright

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Has anyone here tried the .224V conversion on their MRP? Or, is anyone shooting an LMT .224V? Just curious if accuracy is on par with their .556 stainless barrels. Thanks!

FR

I have one here I haven't done load development on yet. Redneckbmxr kept the MRP valkyrie over his craddock build if that tells you anything.

I can't speak for him and all of his motives but he told me it out shot the craddock I believe. Was under half moa with the 95s.

I've run mine out to 1k at Thunder Valley. Used Hornady 88gr factory loads. 700 was relatively easy. 800 and out was kinda tricky but I don't consider myself a great marksman.

Reactions: TACC
I had my dealer order me the complete rifle the day they were released at SHOT. I love MRP’s can’t say enough good things about the platform.

It wasn’t more accurate than my Craddock but it was close enough. My Craddock was the most accurate AR15 I’ve ever had, it was benchrest accurate. The MRP was sub 1/2 MOA with everything though which included a couple loads I tried, as well as the factory FGMM. It actually shot my Craddock load great with a load ES/SD so I didn’t even bother developing a dedicated 95gr SMK load for it, I just did a little pressure test going up about a grain to make sure that it was safe and not right on the ragged edge of pressure or something.

The LMT rep also told me that they had done some SS test barrels during development and they were looking at potentially offering some other options which may include SS production barrels and other lengths. Not sure what if anything ever materialized with that but it may be worth looking into.

I emailed them a week ago and asked about plans for SS Valkyrie barrels and the person I talked to said he wasn't aware of any plans.

I found a decent deal on a barrel kit so I'm going to give it a try.