• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 scope and mount advice

Talon17

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2013
Good Afternoon,

I am looking to upgrade my optic to something a bit more usable. (Coming from an old vortex PST) I am trying to stay around the $1500 price point for the optic.

Looking at
XTRIII 3.3-18 (us made or illum from the Philippines) (considerably cheaper than the other options)
NX8
Mark 5hd

For the mount I am looking for something I can mount an acro on at the 12 o’clock. I have a badger comm 1 on my 5.56 Lpvo and I am a fan.

Cheers

I had the XTR IIIi briefly on a bolt gun. It was quite decent for the price.

I sold it and replaced it with a Steiner T6XI. Bought it from Liberty Optics on sale. It was $400 more than the Burris and definitely worth it. I think either would be a great optic for a MWS, but the Steiner would be my preference.

I have a 4-16X ATACR on my MWS. I had an opportunity to look through the NX8 2.5-20 side by side with my ATACR and really wasn’t impressed with the NX8.

I use the Badger COMM for a mount. No complaints.

Reactions: Talon17
I’
I had the XTR IIIi briefly on a bolt gun. It was quite decent for the price.

I sold it and replaced it with a Steiner T6XI. Bought it from Liberty Optics on sale. It was $400 more than the Burris and definitely worth it. I think either would be a great optic for a MWS, but the Steiner would be my preference.

I have a 4-16X ATACR on my MWS. I had an opportunity to look through the NX8 2.5-20 side by side with my ATACR and really wasn’t impressed with the NX8.

I use the Badger COMM for a mount. No complaints.
i think I’m gonna give the xtr3 a shot. I haven’t looked through an nx8 in awhile.