• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT Axle Trigger

gimpy

One-Legged Grunt
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2011
Illinois
Just got one of these in today and installed it in a build I’m working on. Initial impressions are that it is a very nice but heavy 2 stage in its stock format. The trigger broke clean at 5-5.5 lbs.

I decided to swap the stock trigger spring for a JP low power spring and now what fees to me to be the lowest weight trigger pull of all my AR’s (mostly SSA-E). I’d rate the trigger between KAC and Geissele overall in terms of perceived feel.

The first stage is a bit long, and perhaps I’ll have to look into what adjustments if any can be made to that. Overall, I’d rate it an 8/10 with the stock springs, and a solid 9/10 with the JP spring.

Unless one got this as a freebie in a lower, rifle, or is cloning an Estonian rifle for some reason there is zero reason to spend the money on this or frankly any LMT trigger.
In my case, it’s something I get like trying out. It’s far and away nicer than any of their other triggers, and I’d take it over a KAC trigger every day of the week.

Reactions: bfoosh006
I get it, I have a few armalite triggers both old and new. I played with them for a bit but they sit in my parts bin. It was fun experimenting but the SSAs won out.

Reactions: gimpy
LMT triggers are fine. I have, Gieselle, KAC, LMT and LT triggers. Would I spend 200 on an LMT over say 250 for a giessele, in a new build, no, but I wouldn't swap out a free OE LMT unless its a dedicated accuracy build.

Gieselle, probably has the nicest triggers,
LT is the best value.
LMT/KAC are both solid, OE triggers that just work.

i don't think that LMT triggers should be viewed as a competitor to geissele, they should really be viewed, as LMT continuing to refine their lineup. Conversations about Triggers are funny and tend to resolve to basically anything other than a Geissele Hi Speed is nothing more than a glorified tapco G2.

I have one of the new AXLE triggers in a MARS-L lower of mine, I quite like it. I haven't changed any springs, so I do agree that it is on the heavy side, and the first stage is pretty long as someone else mentioned. That said, mine is also extremely smooth both when pulling through the first/second stage sear and on the reset. I think it would be a great "duty" trigger.

Reactions: LDO416
I have one of the new AXLE triggers in a MARS-L lower of mine, I quite like it. I haven't changed any springs, so I do agree that it is on the heavy side, and the first stage is pretty long as someone else mentioned. That said, mine is also extremely smooth both when pulling through the first/second stage sear and on the reset. I think it would be a great "duty" trigger.
It seems that the first stage is so long due to the way they designed the trigger to go on safe with the hammer released.

have two of the Euro versions and love them. Very quick reset and no wall on the 2nd stage with a clean break. I like the ability to go on safe

I like the Centurion AST 2 stage for under 100, better than LaRue since the price increase but if LaRue was back at 70-75 then it's the top choice for me. Higher end Geiselle is still tops but you pay for that and the difference is immaterial imho.

agree the kac and lmt triggers are not meant to compete with the G but I'd be will to bet that if you blindfolded 100 guys that say G and gave them different rifles with these trigger very few would actually know. Confirmation bias and all

have two of the Euro versions and love them. Very quick reset and no wall on the 2nd stage with a clean break. I like the ability to go on safe

I like the Centurion AST 2 stage for under 100, better than LaRue since the price increase but if LaRue was back at 70-75 then it's the top choice for me. Higher end Geiselle is still tops but you pay for that and the difference is immaterial imho.

agree the kac and lmt triggers are not meant to compete with the G but I'd be will to bet that if you blindfolded 100 guys that say G and gave them different rifles with these trigger very few would actually know. Confirmation bias and all

I have no experience with KAC triggers, but the LMT trigger is noticeably heavier than the SSA-E. Don't misunderstand me, the axle trigger is a good trigger, but I don't think people will confuse it with an SSA-E. I do really like the MBT, I think it compares quite well to SSA, and I think you are correct about blindfolded people not being able to tell the difference between that and an SSA/G2S.

I like my axle trigger, I moved it from my MWS to my 14.5 ACOG build and it's perfect for that. I don't think I'd buy another one, but it's not because it's a bad trigger, it's just not my preferred weight and there are many other triggers I'd like to try.