• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT Bolt ?

ma21ddy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2009
FL
I purchased a new LMT BCG from a friend, how can i tell if it is an LMT vs another manufacturer?

Re: LMT Bolt ?

If it is the enhanced, it will have three gas ports in the BC notch that opens the dust cover,
silver bolt, & gas port along the forward assist notches.
If it is MILSPEC, you won't be able to tell for sure.

I run the LMT enhanced BCG and it is by far the best money spent while building my AR.
It adds a shit ton of reliability and accuracy.
(Reliability due to the new bolt design & relief cut outs for debris.)
(Accuracy due to the retarding of the action allowing the bolt to remain locked longer.)

Either way, LMT is some serious quality.
Why do you think that they only sold to CRANE for years and not the public?
wink.gif

Don't try and run the LMT enhanced BCG on a shorty. I was the test case a few years back with an MSTN upper. Had tons of FTEs and they finally figured out the enhanced BCG doesn't work well with shortys.

I run a 14.5" barrel and it runs like a sewing machine.

I suppose after LMT had their experience with you they posted this on their site:<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LMT Website</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NOTE: Semi-Auto Enhanced (to be used with a 14.5" barrel or longer)
</div></div>
Makes sense to me.
The BCG increases dwell time and the pressure would drop prior to the action cycling with a short barrel.