• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MAR-H Lower Magazine Recommendation

broberts001

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2009
Houston Area
Just purchased my first MAR-H Lower and wanted to know what others recommend for a 20 round steel magazine. Or should I just stick to my PMags?

Thanks,

Bryan

Just purchased my first MAR-H Lower and wanted to know what others recommend for a 20 round steel magazine. Or should I just stick to my PMags?

Thanks,

Bryan
They are not cheap but I have had excellent results with the Larue tactical 20rd Steel SR25 pattern magazines.

3/5 LMT MWS lowers that have passed through my hands would not drop pmags free. KAC, Larue, and Lancers worked fine in all of them. The Pmags feed fine but the LMT mag wells seem to be on the tight side.

One of only 2 complaints I have with LMT large frames. Since I’m bitching, why can’t they offer 16” rifle gas barrels in 308 & 6.5Creedmoor?

I have a bunch of KAC mags from work, but honestly, PMags work just as well as a fraction of the price.

3/5 LMT MWS lowers that have passed through my hands would not drop pmags free. KAC, Larue, and Lancers worked fine in all of them. The Pmags feed fine but the LMT mag wells seem to be on the tight side.

One of only 2 complaints I have with LMT large frames. Since I’m bitching, why can’t they offer 16” rifle gas barrels in 308 & 6.5Creedmoor?

hmmm, never had an issue with my original MWS lower, or my Mars or SR25 lowers... Weird.

It seems like they are getting better at the updated there barrels, it took forever to get them to do Midlenth 16 inch barrels now they have a mid length 12.5. and Short barreled 308's and 6.5CM's

I would order a RL 16

Reactions: Jsp556
hmmm, never had an issue with my original MWS lower, or my Mars or SR25 lowers... Weird.

It seems like they are getting better at the updated there barrels, it took forever to get them to do Midlenth 16 inch barrels now they have a mid length 12.5. and Short barreled 308's and 6.5CM's

I would order a RL 16
me neither, not a single issue ever

Reactions: GUNNER10

I gotta call BS here. I had a total of 4 mws,not a single issue. I've had my hands on no less than 20 mws, not a single issue

I've not found this to be an issue on any google search

My MWS is particular on mags. KAC and PMAGS work well. ASC and DH ( bought from LMT) stick in the mag well. Might be D&H, can't recall with certainty.

I gotta call BS here. I had a total of 4 mws,not a single issue. I've had my hands on no less than 20 mws, not a single issue

I've not found this to be an issue on any google search
Can make and send you a video of them sticking in 4 lowers tonight. Pm me an email address or phone number.

I’m a LMT fan and don’t go outta my way to bash any company but I won’t lie for a company just because I like the product.

Reactions: GhostFace
If I can get one of the kids to stand still long enough to shoot a video, we’ll check 2 lancers, 2 d&h, and 3 pmags in all 4 lowers. Forgive the wife’s placemats.
5F28B450-36A3-408E-A26F-6219493A316F.jpeg

Anyone know how to link a video without posting to YouTube and linking?

Can make and send you a video of them sticking in 4 lowers tonight. Pm me an email address or phone number.

I’m a LMT fan and don’t go outta my way to bash any company but I won’t lie for a company just because I like the product.
maybe 'bs' was too harsh as you know msg boards tone doesn't come across. I just find it highly suspect but I guess it's possible for a bad batch that went through. LMT has had qc issue, not immune at all

wanted to clarify:)

Re: bulgy P-mags:

Reactions: Jsp556
I know this is a reply to a 2 year old post but is the issue that you are having with the pmags is because it’s the wrong pattern? I see in the pic you are using LR/SR patterned mags and not the AR10/SR25 patterned pmags? I’m just asking because no one else had pointed that out and maybe that could be your issue. 🤷🏽‍♂️

If I can get one of the kids to stand still long enough to shoot a video, we’ll check 2 lancers, 2 d&h, and 3 pmags in all 4 lowers. Forgive the wife’s placemats.View attachment 8022390
I know this is a reply to a 2 year old post but is the issue that you are having with the pmags is because it’s the wrong pattern? I see in the pic you are using LR/SR patterned mags and not the AR10/SR25 patterned pmags? I’m just asking because no one else had pointed that out and maybe that could be your issue. 🤷🏽‍♂️

LR stands for LR308 and the SR = SR25.

It’s all good.