• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MARS-L necessary add on?

JLTX

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2020
North Texas
Good evening y’all, recent purchaser of an LMT-MARS-L. Great guidance here on optics, did an about face w the ACOG/RMR and went to an LPVO (have ATACR w new reticle, but waiting to get my hands on the new Steiner T6 and see if I can put the savings into other areas).

Outside of muzzle device (swapped A2 for Surefire SOCOM WarComp CTFH, mini SOCOM suppressor is in jail right now), what did you find necessary to complete your rifle?

-Rail Covers?
-Bipod rail attachment (seems challenging)?
-Sling? My only slings are on hunting rifles.
-Light (use Surefire on handguns and defense shotguns)

I’m new to the alpha 5.56 game and I apologize in advance for any/all stupid questions!

Many thanks!

Optic, light, sling are the staples for any duty carbine. For the light attachment, check out Arisaka.

If you are shooting any volume and heat up the barrel, you'll find out if you want rail panels or not.

Reactions: tex68w
• Larue mbt 2 stage trigger at the minimum or a Geissele.
• I rock a surefire m340c with a DS07 tail switch and cloud defensive surefire LCS.
• Blue force gear vickers sling (personal preference)
D324B1F0-6C56-4A2B-B751-6469849709A0.jpeg
317D74AD-B8EF-41DD-95B8-CC3C89293287.jpeg

These type of things are really subjective but this is how mine is set up.

I’ve been fairly disappointed with Lmt triggers. Some are decent and some have been absolute trash lately. On a go fast, dmr type gun I like a larue mbt or Geissele.

For slings, magpul, rifles only carbine bungee sling or Edgar Sherman designs.

I like the modlite okw or something with a similar beam on a lpvo/magnified optic gun. It will really reach out there. The surefire turbo heads are supposed to be similar.

I have a small pic rail section in the front for a bipod with a rrs clamp when need and a magpul dovetail plate at the rear for tripod work. The magpul plate is very light and has screws to prevent it sliding out in recoil.

I’ve changed up a few other things since this but that’s the gist.

Attachments

• C5052517-46FA-46A1-A007-66C33FFE6A2B.jpeg
    C5052517-46FA-46A1-A007-66C33FFE6A2B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 110
Reactions: tex68w
These type of things are really subjective but this is how mine is set up.

I’ve been fairly disappointed with Lmt triggers. Some are decent and some have been absolute trash lately. On a go fast, dmr type gun I like a larue mbt or Geissele.

For slings, magpul, rifles only carbine bungee sling or Edgar Sherman designs.

I like the modlite okw or something with a similar beam on a lpvo/magnified optic gun. It will really reach out there. The surefire turbo heads are supposed to be similar.

I have a small pic rail section in the front for a bipod with a rrs clamp when need and a magpul dovetail plate at the rear for tripod work. The magpul plate is very light and has screws to prevent it sliding out in recoil.

I’ve changed up a few other things since this but that’s the gist.

14.5" ?

Question, for those who have the standard version and not the quad rail version, what are you using to mount a light with the rail end so far back from the muzzle?

Good evening y’all, recent purchaser of an LMT-MARS-L. Great guidance here on optics, did an about face w the ACOG/RMR and went to an LPVO (have ATACR w new reticle, but waiting to get my hands on the new Steiner T6 and see if I can put the savings into other areas).

Outside of muzzle device (swapped A2 for Surefire SOCOM WarComp CTFH, mini SOCOM suppressor is in jail right now), what did you find necessary to complete your rifle?

-Rail Covers?
-Bipod rail attachment (seems challenging)?
-Sling? My only slings are on hunting rifles.
-Light (use Surefire on handguns and defense shotguns)

I’m new to the alpha 5.56 game and I apologize in advance for any/all stupid questions!

Many thanks!

It really depends on what you are going to be doing with the rifle. You have to remember that AR's and especially LMT's are fairly modular and one really don't need to run a 13lb carbine 24/7. I have found myself trending towards dedicated builds following the different tools for different jobs approach.

I really don't think there is a significant difference between the accessories you are asking about. While I really like the way rail scales look and feel, they really don't do anything different than Magpul panels for 1/10 the price.

I think you will find your most savings in setting up your rifle for what you are actually doing vs what you might do. For example, if you are primarily shooting steel and doing home defense, you really don't need a 2500 dollar LPVO. If you are hunting or shooting groups you really dont need a 500 to 1000 dollars in lights, and secondary sights.

Definitely grab an Ergo gap filler! Super cheap, fast install, keeps your middle finger from getting chewed up by the gap between the grip and trigger gaurd.
20220929_072950.jpg

Thank you for all of your guidance, it is greatly appreciated. ModLight OKW Scout is done. Thx! Sling is done, carbine version of the one (Rifles Only) I have on various hunting rifles. Rail covers came w the rifle, they were hidden in the high quality 🤣 cardboard box. I am going to take it out this weekend to QC (thank you) it with an Aimpoint red dot from another rifle. Optic is still tbd before I see reviews on the T6xi…Enjoy your weekends!

Reactions: GUNNER10
Thank you for all of your guidance, it is greatly appreciated. ModLight OKW Scout is done. Thx! Sling is done, carbine version of the one (Rifles Only) I have on various hunting rifles. Rail covers came w the rifle, they were hidden in the high quality 🤣 cardboard box. I am going to take it out this weekend to QC (thank you) it with an Aimpoint red dot from another rifle. Optic is still tbd before I see reviews on the T6xi…Enjoy your weekends!

Nice,

The T6xi is the first LPVO since the Leupold mk6 that really interest me. It has a nice recticle and is not as piggish as the competitors, hope it has a nice eye box

Still looking for an operator bayonet that TheBigCountry recommended! I have reached out to Nathan Carothers and Jerry Busse, but no response🤣. It sucks having an incomplete rifle…