• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MRP discussion NOW with some pics

scsbronco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
Michigan
Im looking at buying another LMT this week. I had the CQB MRP in the std 16" di barrel. I m looking at the same platform in a 18" ss barrel. Is anyone running the CQB rail with the long 18" ss? I heard the was a slight advantage with,the 18" ss as far as accuracy? Opinions, possible a pic of the short rail with a longer barrel?

Re: LMT MRP ?

Bear in mind you can also get barrels from other manufacturers and get them converted to the MRP platform.

1/4 moa sounds good to me. I should have mentioned its for a 5.56. I read the conversion thread a few nights ago. The Noveske might be a good choice too.

I also talked to LMT this morning regarding switching a piston over to the 18" di. All I can say is they are very professional and easy to talk to. I was really impressed. I have no problem paying for a product they make.

With the CQB rail the gas tube will be exposed. Wont have any bearing on function but it will look odd and wont have any protection.

ANchor... i was wondering about that... It will mainly be a paper shooter. The only time it might get beat is coyote hunting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the CQB rail the gas tube will be exposed. Wont have any bearing on function but it will look odd and wont have any protection. </div></div>

This is incorrect. I have the 1/7 18" SS LMT MRP barrel on a CQB upper and the tube is not exposed. The gas block is in the same position relative to the handguard as on the stock 16" barrel. It does shoot tighter groups and about 3 inches high at 100 yards compared to the 16's groups.

Ladd ....... do you want to sell it lol? I think Ill be ordering mine next week. I really want to see a picture I cant find one of the 18 in the cqb.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scsbronco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ladd ....... do you want to sell it lol? I think Ill be ordering mine next week. I really want to see a picture I cant find one of the 18 in the cqb. </div></div>

I have only had it about 3 weeks and I like it, so no sale. My groups went from about 1.5 inches to 0.75 inches at 100 yards with PRVI 75gr BTHP. I could not find any pictures or feedback either on the 18 inch SS. The splats at lasered 450 yards on my iron target are more significant than with the 16 inch too. I will try to get a picture of it this week and post it.

No worries, Im working on a deal for an UPPER right now!!! lol
I just need to figure what BCG to run...

I've got rifle as well as shorty chassis, with 18" 1/8 SS, 16" 1/7 SS, 14.5" 1/7, and 10.5" 1/7 barrels. I use a LMT M16 BCG (separate bolt for each barrel).
Have had superb accuracy and reliability, with and without suppressors. These barrels aren't overgassed, and run well with mil-spec 556 as well as quality commercial 223 ammo.

Im between an lmt, spikes, and young mfg for the bcg right now

As a side note has anyone put a MRP upper on a C3 defense lower?

Well I just ordered a chromed spikes bcg to go in the MRP upper......

now to decide on a lower

Well Have to wait for the parts to come in.... here's the build if anyone was wondering. Im really excited about this build!!!

MRP rifle length upper
18" ss barrel
T2 Spikes buffer
Spikes chrome BCG

Lower:
Forged (multi) with spider logo and bullet markings and gen 2 Magpul PRS stock

Spike's Tactical Enhanced LPK:
-Spike's Billet Trigger guard w/Set screw
-KNS Gen II Mod II Anti-Rotation pins
-Spider Logo'd Ergo grip (Choose from Black or FDE)
-ST Battle trigger with Nickel Boron Coated Mil-Spec Single Stage Trigger, Disconnect, and Rounded hammer
-Ambi Safety Selector
-Mil-Spec bolt catch, mag catch, and mag catch button
-Mil-Spec detents, plungers, pins, and springs
-Quality Spiral roll pins for trigger guard and bolt catch
-1/4 Allen screw with washer for grip

SCOPE is undecided still
choices

MK4 6.5-20 ill ret
XTR 3-12
XTR 10x

18" + FSC556 comp... also have 7 other barrels for it including a 10.5" Noveske 300BLK. No gas tube exposed on mid gas but would be if you attempted to convert a rifle gas for the CQB. I run an FA carrier and H buffer on most (semi carrier and standard buffer with 300BLK). CQB rail would give you the option to run piston barrels (12" piston rocks) but Rifle length the ability to convert a rifle gas length barrel for use.

3005.jpg

MRPRange2.jpg

Also, get this smaller wrench. It tops out at 141 so no chance you bust bolts and allows on board stoarge if your interested.

Mariposa3.jpg

Mariposa2.jpg

Mariposa1.jpg

options1.jpg

who makes that torque wrench i love it? I had seen some of your pics when I decided to build again. Id like to say thanks I definatly got bit by the bug.

Its an Italian wrench made for bikes by Effetto Mariposa. You can get a basic for about $150 or a "Pro" for about $200. Pro comes with bits and a free $50 recalibration that they suggest after 5000 "clicks" / torque jobs.

Got my pro for $190 shipped from the following by using the current 5% off code. This one is branded for Kestrel bikes but you would send it to the US distributor in CO for recalibration.

http://www.commuterbikestore.com/kestrel-pro-torquewrench.html

Hey guys finally got most of the gun together. I pieced it from dudes on various forums. I can wait to shoot it now.

I ended up putting the 10x XTR Bought on the hide.... the scopes was trashed when I got it, but it looks acceptable now. I picked up a Spikes HC BCG and a T2 buffer from AIM surplus. The lower was built when I bought it; it has the Spikes enhanced kit. The trigger seems pretty good. Im eventually going to somehow snow camo the whole unit. It will be my winter Coyote gun.

Pictures as I promised....

DSCN1796.jpg

DSCN1795.jpg