• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MRP-H LM8 lower compatibility

chrisollis

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2017
Northern CA
So I just ordered a stripped upper on the cheap and I'm going to build out a 16" LW stainless barreled upper. Got rid of my OBR less than a year ago and already miss it. What lowers are compatible with LMT other than the obvious LMT and SR25? I'm not necessarily opposed to building an 80% either. Also as far as bolts go LMT takes a DPMS pattern bolt correct? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: wichitaguns
Those are file to fit…there is no recess on MARS L lowers.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/lmt-mars-h-and-large-frame-uppers.7009716/post-9772558

Gonna point you to another thread that this came up in. It was advice for me when working on my MWS build. I did nearly the same thing!

Found a great deal on the MWS upper and wanted to put a temp lower cost lower with it. Bought a Stag Arms blem lower and realized the upper was file to fit (as shown in the video above). Soooo...it would fit the Stag, but you'd you have to file the 'speed bumps' down to to attach the lower to it. Stag works because it is an Sr-25 patterned lower (angled in the back of the receiver vice rounded).

I went out and found a blem MARS lower from Big Tex Ordnance. Be SURE about what you WANT before you file those speed bumps down...I predict real remorse it you file them to fit a P80 lower (which I don't think comes in SR-25 pattern anyway) or other budget lower and later decide to upgrade to a MARS.

Shop around, search the hide for a few more threads on this, there is a lot I learned about AR-10 vs AR-308 vs SR-25 and the compatibility of parts. The advice I saw most often was that because so many AR-10 rifles are proprietary it is best not to mix and match at the higher end of the scale such as KAC, LMT, and LaRue (All SR-25 patterned btw).

You could also build out a LaRue Billet Lower. They are showing on the website but I would call to check availability. I would much prefer an LMT or SR lower but if the Larue lower are in stock they may be the easy button.

I’ve actually just bought a used MARS lower from a hide member. Made it a lot easier. I will not mod my upper to fit a lower. I wasn’t opposed to doing a 80% lower of good quality but I’ve yet to find one. Either way, problem solved, just waiting for it to get here now!

Reactions: the monk
The following 308/Large Frame Uppers & Lowers can be swapped:
- LMT
- Larue Tactical
- KAC SR25
-Mega Arms MATEN (with some work)

17 design iflr-25

Attachments

• 20220319_171202.jpg
    20220319_171202.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 80
Check out my thread here. I am Peters sure this is the most complete compatibility list for the SR25/MARS-H/OBR

SR25 upper compatibility

If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive, simple higher quality option… The Armalite AR10A lowers are completely compatible.

Check out my thread here. I am Peters sure this is the most complete compatibility list for the SR25/MARS-H/OBR

SR25 upper compatibility

If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive, simple higher quality option… The Armalite AR10A lowers are completely compatible.
How do the lines and shapes in the forging line up?