• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MWS .308 WORTH IT???

BANMAN19

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2020
Hawaii
I have a chance to purchase an LMT MWS picatinny quad rail with a 16” .308 barrel that includes the tools, bipod, and super nice rifle bag for around $2500. With all the ar10 s out the market for around $1000, do you think it is worth it to spend the money on an LMT MWS? I have an AIAT, Q Fix, SCAR 20s, and plan to put this into rotation for long range shooting if I were to acquire it. If the LMT MWS ain’t worth it, what good $2500 ar10 or sub $2500 ar10 would you buy for long range? KAC is not in my budget.

It's a good rifle but heavy. The barrel swap means you can go bolt in a 6.5 creedmoor for your long range shooting and then swap in the 308 for carbine type stuff.
Don’t have any issue regarding its wait since all my other long range rifles are heavy too. Plan on shooting in stationary positions. Looks like MWS is in it for the wind. How is accuracy and why not budget ar10 s?

I've had one in 308 16" barrel since they first came out. Accuracy is okay but not any where as good a my LaRue OBR which is my go to 308. Price seems decent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bakwa
Don’t have any issue regarding its wait since all my other long range rifles are heavy too. Plan on shooting in stationary positions. Looks like MWS is in it for the wind. How is accuracy and why not budget ar10 s?

I don't own one but shot a friends a whole bunch. It's 1MOA accurate with their regular barrel. Also a 16" 308 barrel isn't a long range beast. You'll probably want a 20-22" 6.5mm type barrel if you are serious. Then you can reach out there a bit better.

Budget AR10s I have had a lot. I've also had Larues/POFs too. The higher dollar ones have a better fit and finish and less chance of it being overgassed. My DPMS and AERO 308s had problems with handguards coming loose and overgassing that you don't have with something like an LMT or LARUE.

If you have the money you won't go wrong with the LMT. It's a solid rifle.

Reactions: BANMAN19
Like my scar 20s, I am mostly gonna deploy it within 100-600 yards maybe even 700. Don’t plan to shoot 1000 but it’ll be fun for shits and giggles.

What other ar10 options are there around 2500 or below that would be great for precise shooting at medium range (6-700)?

I have a chance to purchase an LMT MWS picatinny quad rail with a 16” .308 barrel that includes the tools, bipod, and super nice rifle bag for around $2500. With all the ar10 s out the market for around $1000, do you think it is worth it to spend the money on an LMT MWS? I have an AIAT, Q Fix, SCAR 20s, and plan to put this into rotation for long range shooting if I were to acquire it. If the LMT MWS ain’t worth it, what good $2500 ar10 or sub $2500 ar10 would you buy for long range? KAC is not in my budget.
Id buy it as described for $2500.00. There are two DI large frame manufacturers that I prefer to all others: KAC and LMT.

I used to own the same MWS you're considering buying and it was accurate and bomb-proof. Only reason I sold it was to buy my Mk11 Mod 0 but am considering picking up another w/MLOK for 6.5 Creedmoor.

Not sure what $1000.00 'AR10s' you're referring to but you get what you pay for when it comes to anything, but especially large frame semis.

Thanks for the response. I see a lot of ar10 s sub 2500 and want a heavy duty rifle that won’t give me issues. Building would be fine but I feel like I would run into issues.

Had mine for 2 years so far with a .308 and 6.5 CM barrel. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Easily shoot sub MOA and I run mine in DMR style matches. If its in good shape thats a great price for one. Like others have said, they are heavy and I'll be buying or building a lighter weight one but I'll never let go of my LMT.

Check out the latest video on YouTube for "small arms solutions" channel. Bartocci does a great review of it and he knows his shit. I have an lmt mrp sbr piston and it is my favorite ar I've ever had. Btw, the scar 20s has no problem hitting 1300y. Both in 308 and 6.5.

Id buy it as described for $2500.00. There are two DI large frame manufacturers that I prefer to all others: KAC and LMT.

I used to own the same MWS you're considering buying and it was accurate and bomb-proof. Only reason I sold it was to buy my Mk11 Mod 0 but am considering picking up another w/MLOK for 6.5 Creedmoor.

Not sure what $1000.00 'AR10s' you're referring to but you get what you pay for when it comes to anything, but especially large frame semis.
This.

Flip a coin, in regard to kac and lmt. Which is better is really depends on what you need it for.

Have both, I think the SR25 does field stuff better, I think the MWS does accuracy/longer range better. I think both are the pinnacle of large frame DI AR's at this time.

LMT is absolutely worth the squeeze.

The only large bore AR's I'd ever consider are KAC, LMT, GAP, Larue, & JP.

I'm not wealthy either. I just run gear hard and know what works based on my experiences and those people's experiences I surround myself with.

Cheers

LMT is absolutely worth the squeeze.

The only large bore AR's I'd ever consider are KAC, LMT, GAP, Larue, & JP.

I'm not wealthy either. I just run gear hard and know what works based on my experiences and those people's experiences I surround myself with.

Cheers
Noveskee and seekins have some down range contracts these days.

There are alot of really good options these days, I've built up large frame AR's in the past and honestly see no reason to do so anymore. Pretty much anything that I could find my self want is made by people who really know what they are doing. No need to mix master it up

It will be a pig in the picatinny quad rail version. If its going to be a bench or prone shooter and you dont mind the weight its a good deal. You can always upgrade the barrel if you really want it to be a shooter. Personally I would pass.

My LMT 308 MWS is really accurate and reliable out to 300/400 yards, beyond that other caliber guns are what I like . That said I have a PWS 216 that is as accurate and a bit lighter for less money with HK MR762A1 like piston action.

I wouldn't sell the MWS for $2500. That seems a good deal to me. If you find another MWS for that price, recommend you act on it, these don't pop up every day. Cheers

Very fair price if in good shape. Great rifle and most 16’ CL barrels shoot MOA, so good for long range.
PB

Reactions: Jsp556