• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MWS having problems with PMag

NoBenz

Private
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2008
Tallahassee,FL
Anyone else having a problem stripping the first round from your Pmags? I've used DPMS and other brands of metal mags which work perfectly, but for some reason my LMT does not like to strip the first round. It leaves scrape marks on the round. I've even loaded one less than max and still no luck. I find it funny as its the complete opposite with my POF. PMags work great for that but problems with metal mags.

Re: LMT MWS having problems with PMag

So you're inserting a full mag on a closed bolt and then it's not stripping the first round? Try this: lock the BCG back and lock your charging handle forward. Insert the mag and hit the bolt release. What some people end up doing is inadvertently riding the charging handle if they try to charge a round on a closed bolt which then results in a feeding problem. It's even easier to do on a .308 AR because the length of pull of the charging handle is longer than on an AR15

Sorry, I meant to say that the bolt is in the open position, I'm just pressing the bolt release button and its not stripping the first round. I'll try to get video. Are the .308 Pmags still on the first generation?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: badshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A drop or two of oil will help out. </div></div>

Not following.. drop of oil on what? The bcg is well lubricated.

Had some FTJ's with Pmags when the gun was new. I think I have a gas leak up front. Also I was using lower powered hand loads (41.3 varget). Since I have been using the Kac mag and gone over 300rds I have not had a FTJ. I do still have the gas leak though.

Going to send the rifle back for a look once my new ar is built.

Had some issues with 147gr surplus type rounds in the pmags with bolt forward when the rifle was new. It's got 1500 rounds through it now and it'll eat anything from a pmag, mag inserted with open or closed bolt

Thats what I think it is... I just wanted to make sure though. Got about 200-300 surplus through her right now. Shes an expensive plinker lol I'll continue trying the Pmag every now and then to see if the issue goes away.

Push up on the bottom of the mag as you trip the catch.
next hold the charge handle back and slowly ease it forward and watch the front of the bolt. one of the bottom two lugs should catch the round. it could be that the thickness of the plastic lips is holding the cartridge too low for the lug to catch the top round or the slot on the side of the pmag is a little too high making the mag sit lower in the receiver.

I had a few issues with feeding the first 50 rounds or so, but it worked out. The only issue I have now is that when I jam a mag in on an open bolt, the mag sometimes will stay all the way jammed up- pushing the bolt catch up. If I try to slingshot it, the mag doesn't drop far enough and it doesn't feed and I end up with an odd mag jam. Can't remember if using the bolt catch solved it, but definately jamming the mag in and then pulling it down to make sure is seats at the mag catch and not up as far as the bolt catch can go. Didn't happen when I was at the range, happened when I was loading for a rifle match. Never had that happen to me in a AR15.

How can I tell what gen these Pmags are? I bought them new several months after they first came out. Any detail or structural differences to clue me in?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoBenz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How can I tell what gen these Pmags are? I bought them new several months after they first came out. Any detail or structural differences to clue me in?</div></div>

Check the mold date.