• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MWS - Huge Cold Bore Shift

EXSOCAL

Send it...
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2010
Idaho
I’ve had my 16” 308 MWS for a couple months now. It shoots absolutely great, never a single issue and it hammers with FGMM. The issue I’m seeing is a significant shift in my cold bore impact. It’s very consistent and about .7 - .8 mils up and right at 2 o’clock. For about 5 follow up shots after that it gradually drifts back down to POA / POI and stays there for the remainder.

I’ve experienced this for the last 4 weekends out. All documented the same thing.

Anyone else have this or have any idea how I can mitigate this?

I see that too. I don't hunt or compete so I just pump a couple to foul/warm up the barrel and then I'm good. I'm up and right about an inch so about 1/3mil. This is with .308. I can't remember if my 6.5cm does it or not.

I'd check your barrel screw torque and maybe give it a little extra juice. See if that calms things down.

Will do. I’m going to do a full year down today and clean / re torque everything