• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MWS questions

Double-edged

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2002
Yes, I've used the search function and read the long thread in this sub-forum but I wanted to ask a couple of questions in my very own thread.

First, what are these going for right now? Who has the best prices? What is the availability?

Second, are there any known issues with them? Anything LMT needed to fix on earlier production ones or some such?

I am wanting one after handling one but have never bought a production gun at this price point, only custom handguns, and want to cover my bases.

Re: LMT MWS questions

First, you can use google to check out prices on these rifles.

Second, you can read the 20 page thread on the LMT which will outline any problems with the rifle.

<span style="font-style: italic">As I was...15 page thread on the second page of this forum</span>

I have seen them local for $2500, I bought mine for $2400 in late November could have saved an extra $50 by paying cash (and avoiding the CCC) but didn't have time to run to the bank. This was from a dealer that has the LWRC REPR on "sale" for $3995.00. I would have no problem paying 2500.00 for one today if I didn't have one.

Some people say they have had problems but the general consensus is that most are more than fine. I havent heard of anyone that did not get theirs fixed or that LMT would not look at. My 16" CL can shoot sub moa and with one load I have shot 3-5 round groups at .55 in the same session and in 400 rounds has not had one failure.

They are not that bad for weight either, mine weighs in at 12.5 pounds with the NF 2.5-10x32 scope, NF Unimount, strap sling and 20 round P MAG. I really dont see that being bad for a DM rifle that can do some CQB work. Most DPMS or AR10s load out at ~15+ pounds. If your trying to make a entry carbine out of it any 308 Win is a bad choice IMO.

The only thing I did not like about it was the exposed lever on the LMT sopmod stock. When you go prone it is easy to put pressure on the lever with your hand or sandbag and collapse the stock. I went to the magpul ACS and like it a lot because it has the same type of feel the sopmod had.

The only other advice is you got to learn how to drive the gas gun. Even if you shoot precision ARs this one is quite a bit different. So if you buy you cant blame bad accuracy on it until you learn how to shoot it. You can shoot 1/2 groups all day with your bolt and still shoot over MOA until you learn the ropes.

Thanks, Re25. Looks like I can get one locally for under that price, so I'm good to go in that regard. If they aren't a problem, looks like I'll get one. I have a NF 2.5-10x24 that will be good on it, I think. They are really lighter than I would have thought. One of my biggest problems with .308's in the AR-type platform has been weight and this isn't too bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CE1371</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, you can use google to check out prices on these rifles.

Second, you can read the 20 page thread on the LMT which will outline any problems with the rifle.

<span style="font-style: italic">As I was...15 page thread on the second page of this forum</span> </div></div>

Google can't tell me what people who watch prices on these can tell me.

Did you not read that I had already read the referenced thread?
smirk.gif