• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MWS suppressed ?

sticshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2010
evansville,in u.s.a
anyone run a lmt 16" .308 suppressed?i know they don't come with adjustable gas system,so was wondering how they ran suppressed.anyone have any experience?

Re: LMT MWS suppressed ?

Well, the Brits are running their 16" MWS suppressed, and there hasn't been any bad word out on the streets about that. I plan on running mine suppressed once I get an 18" barrel for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there was a thread about this awhile back. someone from LMT posted up that they had designed the MWS with suppressor use in mind. </div></div>i noticed that the 16" version is just a tad heavier than most 16" .308 ar's.wonder if that's from a slightly heavier BGC than others for that reason.i'm thinking hard about trying to get one,but would like to run it suppressed on occation.just wanted to try to get some info on them,thanks.

I saw a video the other day, probably from the factory, a guy was running one full auto suppressed. Cust. serv. rep at LMT said the BCG you buy is the same as on the auto guns...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: judgedelta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw a video the other day, probably from the factory, a guy was running one full auto suppressed. Cust. serv. rep at LMT said the BCG you buy is the same as on the auto guns... </div></div>

Here the link

I had thought I wanted a can for my MWS, but after the gas blowing out of the receiver, I don't think it would do for a lefty...

Do all ARs put out gas like that when suppressed?

I have run my MWS with a Surefire can on it during the last Oregon Sniper Challenge. I ran factory 168gr Hornady through it. Finished 9th. I liked it. I don't remember being blasted by any gas blow back...

Respectfully,

KJ