• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MWS with USO 1.8-10X37 SN-3s

997/2man

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2011
Okeefukindokie, FL
This is what it looks like, will switch between SN-4 and SN-3s. She's a little heavy, but should do well. Has very short length OAL.
The SN-3s has #1 reticle, SN-4 has JNG, both illuminated. I'm hoping it is a hot set-up that gives good performance out to 600 yds.
DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

Re: LMT MWS with USO 1.8-10X37 SN-3s

Very nice looking rifle. I believe you will have little if any problems achieving your intended purpose.

Great looking set up, I have a SN-3 T-Pal/EREK on order, will be ready ship at the end of August-early September. Will go my MWS.

One question: Can you see the markings and lines on the EREK knob with the LT mount sitting that close to the knob?

I am still kicking around which mounts/rings to go with....right now I am thinking the USO rings, as I do not have a reason to take the scope on and off.

I took my ar-10 with 18in. and nightforce 2.5-10x24 out to 800. Shot steel fine all day with it. shold work out great for u!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking set up, I have a SN-3 T-Pal/EREK on order, will be ready ship at the end of August-early September. Will go my MWS.

One question: Can you see the markings and lines on the EREK knob with the LT mount sitting that close to the knob?

I am still kicking around which mounts/rings to go with....right now I am thinking the USO rings, as I do not have a reason to take the scope on and off. </div></div> What I was thinking with the mount too. T-Pal are harder to fit but I believe an AAD mount works. Of course you can't go wrong with a USO mount either.

I really need to get that order placed for the USO. The quote has been sitting on my desk for the last week. Nice scope OP.

I really-really like that optic. I wish I had the funds for one now but it will have to wait. I bought a USO earlier this year and now that I have one I like it so much I just know I need another one.

77 Bronco you can see the numbers over the LT mount, it's hard to see from that photo, but yes you can. Using rings would be a good idea, the reason I may go with the LT mounts is to be able to use the 1.5-6 SN-4 or swap out for the 1.8-10 SN-3s. If I was going to use one scope, rings for sure. USO has new rings, 6 screws per ring, not the old style with windage adjustment screws on both sides, more conventional, I saw them on the SH page that showed the new USO PSP scope. If you look closely, you will see the new USO rings, has the USO logo on one side.
Jeff mailed some to me Friday, will post pics when the rings get here, prob. Wed.
They look extra beefy, six screws per cap. I don't remember the height. What caught my eye was that there is only one screw to fasten the base, not two for windage adjustment. I never run out of windage, usually elevation.

Redmanss, the T-Pal is a beast, USO makes a slide mount for the T-Pal, has extra space for the larger turret assembly on the T-Pal. My 3.2-17X44 T-Pal is probably the nicest scope I have ever used. At 3X it has great FOV, at 17X it is clear and super bright. 44mm objective is fine for me, but she is long, very long, that's why I got a T-Pal instead of ERGO. The 1.8-10 SN-3s is much shorter, it's easier to adjust the ERGO ring.

If you were going to shoot 600 yds+ often, maybe get a higher magnification scope, like a 5-25X 58mm. Otherwise the 3.2-17X is plenty. At 3x it's great up close, at 17X it sees better than I do!
Again, the T-Pal is a big scope, the SN-3s is 2/3rds the size, super on an AR.
Consider the JNG illum. reticle. At low power, just like a red dot, at high, fine enough for small targets, only the circle and lines inside the circle are illuminated. Not the best for targets, but super on an AR which may see tactical
use. Good luck.

Very nice set up. You'll have no problems getting to 600 with that.

JSTARSZ, my son has a set of wings with an ice cream cone too. Jumped Friday night. 5/73, 3rd Batt. 82nd.

Nice rig! Let me know how it works.

LOL, I bet you'll be moving that scope back....

I ran a SN-3 1.8-10x37 Mil/Mil JNG on my LWRC REPR and it worked great. The perfect scope for an 800 meter gas gun. Great build!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">77 Bronco you can see the numbers over the LT mount, it's hard to see from that photo, but yes you can. Using rings would be a good idea, the reason I may go with the LT mounts is to be able to use the 1.5-6 SN-4 or swap out for the 1.8-10 SN-3s. If I was going to use one scope, rings for sure. USO has new rings, 6 screws per ring, not the old style with windage adjustment screws on both sides, more conventional, I saw them on the SH page that showed the new USO PSP scope. If you look closely, you will see the new USO rings, has the USO logo on one side.
Jeff mailed some to me Friday, will post pics when the rings get here, prob. Wed.
They look extra beefy, six screws per cap. I don't remember the height. What caught my eye was that there is only one screw to fasten the base, not two for windage adjustment. I never run out of windage, usually elevation.

Redmanss, the T-Pal is a beast, USO makes a slide mount for the T-Pal, has extra space for the larger turret assembly on the T-Pal. My 3.2-17X44 T-Pal is probably the nicest scope I have ever used. At 3X it has great FOV, at 17X it is clear and super bright. 44mm objective is fine for me, but she is long, very long, that's why I got a T-Pal instead of ERGO. The 1.8-10 SN-3s is much shorter, it's easier to adjust the ERGO ring.

If you were going to shoot 600 yds+ often, maybe get a higher magnification scope, like a 5-25X 58mm. Otherwise the 3.2-17X is plenty. At 3x it's great up close, at 17X it sees better than I do!
Again, the T-Pal is a big scope, the SN-3s is 2/3rds the size, super on an AR.
Consider the JNG illum. reticle. At low power, just like a red dot, at high, fine enough for small targets, only the circle and lines inside the circle are illuminated. Not the best for targets, but super on an AR which may see tactical
use. Good luck. </div></div>

Thanks for the great info and please post pictures of the new rings....I would really like to see them, some up close pictures would be wonderful. I am going to make a decision soon...I have almost convinced myself not to go with LT mount.

Thanks,

The LT mount was what I had on hand. It's too tall for me without a riser or cheek piece. They do let you get buis under them, that's it. I would like to use a USO mount, they have my Posa-Lock Slide mount, waiting to get it back from Jeff.
Not too many people in my area are familiar with USO, can't believe build quality
and the almost over-engineering. You look at USO and the Happy Meal scopes look whimpy... I can't wait for the USO rings, will post pics when here.
The best way to learn about the tier one equipment is at a place like SH. There are guys here that know waaaaay more than most sales reps. you get on the phone or most fun shop Fudds.
The LT mount is fairly inexpensive, like I said, had one laying around. The more I check out the LMT, the more I like it. I was looking at it's mono upper compared to Colt's 6940's upper. LMT did a good job, I'm happy, it eats white box Winchester fine. Fired 200 to see if she works, no problems. I truly love
.308 AR's, recoil is nothing, accuracy is excellent, so many bullet choices today, good barrel makers. We're pretty lucky.
good companies.

I've got a sn-3pm my 20in repr.....easily reaches 1000y with 175 smk's. You should have no problem plastering tight groups at 800.

Great looking rig....may want to move that scope back....eye relief looks a bit long IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adamxdavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a sn-3pm my 20in repr.....easily reaches 1000y with 175 smk's. You should have no problem plastering tight groups at 800.

Great looking rig....may want to move that scope back....eye relief looks a bit long IMO. </div></div>

That looks about right to me/ same place as mine.

33a53pv.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The LT mount was what I had on hand. It's too tall for me without a riser or cheek piece. They do let you get buis under them, that's it. I would like to use a USO mount, they have my Posa-Lock Slide mount, waiting to get it back from Jeff.
Not too many people in my area are familiar with USO, can't believe build quality
and the almost over-engineering. You look at USO and the Happy Meal scopes look whimpy... I can't wait for the USO rings, will post pics when here.
The best way to learn about the tier one equipment is at a place like SH. There are guys here that know waaaaay more than most sales reps. you get on the phone or most fun shop Fudds.
The LT mount is fairly inexpensive, like I said, had one laying around. The more I check out the LMT, the more I like it. I was looking at it's mono upper compared to Colt's 6940's upper. LMT did a good job, I'm happy, it eats white box Winchester fine. Fired 200 to see if she works, no problems. I truly love
.308 AR's, recoil is nothing, accuracy is excellent, so many bullet choices today, good barrel makers. We're pretty lucky.
good companies. </div></div>

I am still trying to understand how the USO Posiloc works...looking on Youtube and there is a video of Jeff at USO reviewing the SN-3 TPal and I emailed Jeff about the rings, he said the rings were 1.25" height. This is the way I a leaning.

I made a test rig to mount on my MWS and will install the scope with varying shims to get the right height that feels good to me, measure the shims and get rings that will match this height...only downside is I will have to wait a few days after receiving the scope for rings to arrive.