• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lmt vs daniel defense question

Haven't seen the lmt so I can't comment on it. But I do have a Daniel defense dd5v1 and Im very happy with it. Ben getting 1/2 moa groups right out of the box with federal gmm 168gr Smk .

I have an LMT MWS. There was a thread on the hide where many pages of posters were getting incredible accuracy. I think I read two pages of posts where people were getting better than 1/2 moa. Mine didn't. As a matter of fact both my Bushmasters and my Colt shoot groups much less than half the size of the LMT MWS.

Should you decide to buy an LMT MWS based on outstanding accuracy claims see the rifle shoot the claimed group before you pay.

The DD doesn't even come close to holding a candle to the LMT. It's absolutely asinine that the DD's price tag is what it is. The LMT utilizes well thought out proprietary parts to become truly a next generation AR where the DD uses proprietary parts to take a step backwards in innovation.

Also--I've had two friends with dd5's that overgas so badly with cans they won't cycle shooting factory match ammo. I don't know if there's a MWS on the planet that's ever malfunctioned. (satire--but you get it)

My LMT MWS with 6.5Creedmoor barrel has taken a bit of load tuning but turned in 4 (5 round) groups of 2-2.5" at 600 yards a couple of weeks ago. It has never had a single malfunction even during load development. Combined with the switch barrel capability, it is a great rifle that I'll never sell. I can hardly believe DD prices have gotten there. I guess it happens when you pick up a government contract. I don't see anything super special about thier rifles but I've never owned one either.

MWS hands down. Go with a stainless barrel for ultimate accuracy, but it’s hands down a better system than the DD. If you want stupid accuracy get a custom barrel from Rivers Bend and you’ll be set.

And then there is Marty Daniel's stance on gun rights...

Mac, you planning on scoping it out as a long range gun or just a large frame SHTF rifle?

If scoping it out, if you can bump up your budget a little.....get this and you'll never have to worry about accuracy. Hands down the finest, most accurate AR platform out there IMO.

https://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=RR-LRP07HR

I'll take that advice, from a guy I know has his shit together.

large frame shtf was my thought process for close to medium range brother.

I'll take that advice, from a guy I know has his shit together.

large frame shtf was my thought process for close to medium range brother.

For a shtf rifle nothing will out last a MWS. In my opinion. And for a shtf rifle you'll want a chrome lined bbl. My chrome lined MWS is a consistent 1moa rifle.