• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lo-pro gas block under Troy MRF

MWM-5150

Minuteman
Nov 5, 2010
Springfield, MO
This is my first post, so my apologies if I screw something up. I've used the search engine before posting to try and find my answer, but didn't really find anything conclusive.

Im currently building my first ground-up project gun. DPMS LR-308 platform. Im doing it one piece at a time since money is kinda tight. I still need a barrel, forearm, and glass.

My plan is to use a Lilja AR1024 barrel and a Troy MRF 13.8 quad rail (which would cover the gas block). From Lilja-"The overall length is 24". Gas block size is .936". The diameter in front of the barrel extension is 1.200, then .975" diameter to the gas block and then .875" diameter from the gas block to the muzzle."

So my question-Does anyone know of a low-pro <span style="text-decoration: underline">clamp-on</span> gas block that will fit under the Troy handguard? I've found plenty of low-pro gas blocks for the bull-barrel diameter, but most use set screws, but I would prefer to clamp on.

PS- I've been looking around on the forum for some time and found it to be an excellent resource. Thanks in advance for any information you may have to offer.

Re: Lo-pro gas block under Troy MRF

Ronin- thanks, that looks about right.

Erik-does LaRue make a .936 gas block? If so I couldnt locate one on their site.

Re: Lo-pro gas block under Troy MRF

MWM- I don't believe they do. I apologize I must have read over your gas block size requirements.