• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Load for 308 subsonic Trail Boss 168gr A-Max

I'm at 10.5gr with the 200s, so 10.9gr sounds fine. Let's see what QL suggests:

1621442641054.png

Looks a tad bit on the fast side. The problem is that you're already close to the danger zone of <70% fill rate, so be careful if you back it down a bit. Playing with the numbers, your barrel length is hurting about as much as the 168. If it were closer to 200gr bullet with a 16" barrel...but that's obviously not the parameters you're working with...

Reactions: Shadow7Hill
I'm at 10.5gr with the 200s, so 10.9gr sounds fine. Let's see what QL suggests:

View attachment 7628859
Looks a tad bit on the fast side. The problem is that you're already close to the danger zone of <70% fill rate, so be careful if you back it down a bit. Playing with the numbers, your barrel length is hurting about as much as the 168. If it were closer to 200gr bullet with a 16" barrel...but that's obviously not the parameters you're working with...
Does quick loader help you plan for shorter barrels?

I am waiting on a 13.7” .308 AR Barrel with a 1in6 twist. Curious if the program could help with heavy .308 loads as I’ve never used it.

Thanks.

It’s a useful guide that can make useful predictions without having to go to the range. It can be accurate if you tune it with your load data, otherwise it’s best used as a ballpark guess for certain things. I use it often to test with powder/bullet combos will give me what I’m looking for.

It’s not free, but you could try Gordon’s Reloading Tool as a free option.