• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Load verbage? "oc"

uncledog57

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2011
Morro Bay, Ca
Was on Hodgdon web site and after the grain load amount they have "oc" I know that "c" is compressed, what is "oc"?
Thanks guys

Re: Load verbage? "oc"

Out of curiosity which caliber, powder and charge weight did you see the “OC”, I saw loads with a C* next to them but none with an OC. I know that’s not an answer but if I knew more about the combination I might be able to hazard a guess.

I looked at the Hodgdon/IMR site, and looked up 308 winchester only. Maybe I missed what you saw but they have the even charged compressed loads listed as MAX 54.0C

I believe they are just saying the load is 54.0 grains and that it is compressed. like the one that shows a MAX of 49.2C

Good luck with your reloading.

I'm loading a 140 amax with H4350. I looked all over their site and did not see anything for oc? They did have one reference for c being compressed, but nothing for oc?
Thanks for your help so far!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uncledog57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm loading a 140 amax with H4350. I looked all over their site and did not see anything for oc? They did have one reference for c being compressed, but nothing for oc?
Thanks for your help so far! </div></div>

Caliber please? Don't see anything listed under Hodgdon in 308 for 140 amax. Also can you provide a link to the site you are using?

This is the site I am using

As with the other posters on this topic, I can say for certain that what you are seeing is merely a poorly spaced load measurement. I.E., 54.0C (made up the number), simply means 54.0 grains, compressed load. I did the same thing the first time I went on there. Sorry for the redundancy if you'd already accepted that for your answer:)