• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Loading blocks and ammo boxes 408

Cinch

Team GFY
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Wyoming
I just picked up my 375 AllenMag last Friday. I was sure I thought of everything, but I forgot about the loading blocks and ammo boxes. Did some looking, didn't find what I needed to know. What is everyone using for their 408CT based cartridges for a loading block and what works for like a 20rnd ammo box? Thanks

Re: Loading blocks and ammo boxes 408

I use a Storm case # 2075 case with the removable square foam. It will handle the long COAL of these rounds.I can carry about 50 loaded rounds in it. Also, sinclair international sells cheap white loading blocks.

I made my own loading blocks with a drill press and some oak. You just need the "froster" drill bits that leave a flat bottom. ( I think that is the right name)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I made my own loading blocks with a drill press and some oak. You just need the "froster" drill bits that leave a flat bottom. ( I think that is the right name) </div></div>

Forstner bits. You could also use a spade bit, just might not be as clean on the bottom.

20 gauge shotshell trays fit the .408 case well.

Thanks for the info. That sure gave me some good ideas to look at. Kind of a pita without it!