• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Loading for 338LM and others with MRP2

esromvre

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2008
Black Hills SD
Here is what I have going on... Most of us have found the the N165 and N170 shoots rather well in most of these systems.

I have a chance to try Norma MRP2 and am looking for data and some answers from someone that has tried this powder in the 338LM looking for data for both the 300g and 250g HPBT's

also am open to other Cal. using this powder I see that its close on the chart to the N165 so other Magnums loads will be helpfull. Knowing what other calibers do with the MRP2 will help to make me decide if this is a good powder to look at.

Thank you
Ervin

Re: Loading for 338LM and others with MRP2

Norma MRP powders are tough to come by and are expensive. I has been said that Lapua uses it in their factory loads-which btw,has never been proved.I don't recall ever seeing an reloading data posted here using Norma powders.

It is similar to VV 165 which is good for the 338LM. Personally RL22 proved to be the most accurate powder for the 300WM in my stick. (GAP built 1/11 Rock barrel with 190SMK's)

Re: Loading for 338LM and others with MRP2

I agree on the 22 its good in my .30-338WM using A 1/13 Obermeyer and 185 D46..

Have access to the MRP2 price was only $25.00 a pound not overly pricy but he only has 2 cases.