• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Loading for Century Arms fnfal

adb77

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2014
Goshen, Ar
Good afternoon, hoping some one can help with some questions I have. A friend recently purchased the above referenced firearm(fnfal)and has been unable to source ammunition..... I’d like to help him out by loading some up. The components I have available were purchased with loading for a precision bolt gun in mind, and I’m unsure if they would be acceptable for semi auto. The powders I have available are Varget, 4895, and 4064. I have cci br2, Winchester and cci large rifle primers. For projectiles, smk 175, Hornady 178 bthp and 178 amax as well as some heavies for 300win mag. If any one has any experience with loading for this type of rifle with any of these components you input would be greatly appreciated.

I've had decent accuracy loading 175gr SMK over 45gr of Varget in both semis and bolts.

Good afternoon, hoping some one can help with some questions I have. A friend recently purchased the above referenced firearm(fnfal)and has been unable to source ammunition..... I’d like to help him out by loading some up. The components I have available were purchased with loading for a precision bolt gun in mind, and I’m unsure if they would be acceptable for semi auto. The powders I have available are Varget, 4895, and 4064. I have cci br2, Winchester and cci large rifle primers. For projectiles, smk 175, Hornady 178 bthp and 178 amax as well as some heavies for 300win mag. If any one has any experience with loading for this type of rifle with any of these components you input would be greatly appreciated.
I use all the powders you have listed and Winchester primers for my fn just that my rifle likes 168 gr Sierra and Nosler my m1a likes the 175 Sierra and 4064 think id start with that have fun

I've had decent accuracy loading 175gr SMK over 45gr of Varget in both semis and bolts.
That is exactly what I ran when I owned a FAL. Gas bleed is adjustable, wide open is less gas, close it off until it locks back and give it one or two more clicks.