• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LOADING THE 338 EDGE.

shona

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2013
Hi,
Can any of you Edge shooters tell me what mag setup you are using on the Remington 700 platform?
I'm interested in whether you are all using Detachable mags or Internal box mags! If anyone is using an internal box mag with a drop plate setup, can you tell me how many rounds it holds & if it required modifying to accept the larger 300 Grn Berger or Smk round? I am torn between staying with the clean lines of an internal box or adopting a smaller DBM setup if I have to. Any advice here would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Shona

I would suggest contacting Shawn Carlock @ Defensive Edge
Totoro,
Thanks for the advice but I have to say, been there done that & ran out of patience waiting for the replies!

I have a wyatt’s box in mine. It holds 2 plus one in the chamber. Max coal is 3.85. I have a 2 shell caddy on the rifle as well. As far as I know there are no box mags that will allow you to load longer than 3.85. My best load has a 4.1 coal. We single feed them or load from the caddy.

Attachments

• 50C8E050-BC38-4DE0-98A9-ECF4F3BFF72D.jpeg
    50C8E050-BC38-4DE0-98A9-ECF4F3BFF72D.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 42
I have a Wyatt 4 inch box in mine. This is the same builder. Great little pocket of builders over there.

Last edited:
I have spoken to Shawn in the last year or so regarding mag vs internal and he most definitely did not recommend using a mag. I'm using a older Seekins that occasionally has issues feeding.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply to this query. grinnergetter, Softtail103, Totoro & Paladin 300. Yesterday, I managed to speak with Terminus Actions manufacturer Joel Russo & he gave me some sound advice in relation to this build. There is a larger internal box available than .385" & he himself builds & supplies it. It's a true 4" steel box & with an Oberndorf BDL I've ordered mine along with his Terminus Kados X action through Southern Precision Rifles for eventual export into Canada.

Shona