• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Loading the bipod

Clayed21085

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2020
Does loading your bipod have more to do with managing your recoil and maintaining your site picture than achieving better accuracy? Does barrel bounce affect accuracy in an poorly situated bipod since it's part of the recoil that happens after the bullet has left the muzzle?

Does loading your bipod have more to do with managing your recoil and maintaining your site picture than achieving better accuracy? Does barrel bounce affect accuracy in an poorly situated bipod since it's part of the recoil that happens after the bullet has left the muzzle?

It’s both.

Loading situates the rifle in the same spot (relatively speaking) every time. Not load can lead to inconsistent setup.

This allows you to have proper/same recoil management. POI can shift with poor recoil management.

It’s both.

Loading situates the rifle in the same spot (relatively speaking) every time. Not load can lead to inconsistent setup.

This allows you to have proper/same recoil management. POI can shift with poor recoil management.
I took some time today to re zero my scope and really focused on putting more forward weight on my bipod and it if it wasn't the new ammo that tightened my groups it was my body positioning, regardless, I managed my recoil better than previous outings and was able to see hits and misses better and adjust accordingly.

Reactions: lash