• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lobohunter

lobohunter

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2014
Name comes from a squad and code name from Vietnam.
Been involved in shooting sports all my life.

About 3 years ago I read the writing on the wall about "black" rifles and went on the DPMS site and built a gun on paper, took it to a gun shop that could order from DPMS and had a LR-308 built to my specs. The highest capacity rifle I owned at the time took a 4 round magazine. I wanted more firepower at my fingertips.

It has a 24" stainless bull barrel threaded for a muzzle brake plus custom trigger and other goodies.
At present is is fitted with a red dot scope and GG&G BUIS sights.

I was going to get a Zeiss 4.5-14 x 44 conquest with mill dot reticle (that's what I used in Nam) but it seems it would be easier to use with the rapid z1000 reticle.

I've done a lot of research and come up with the Zeiss Conquest as a good choice for long range shooting. Part of the choice is the cost factor. A lot of it is what I have read in reviews and forums like this one. Open to suggestions and advice.