• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Local gun shops OUT of semi autos.

Sebben

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2011
Snellville, GA
With a looming AWB, Local stores including my own have sold completely out of AR-15s of all variants and price ranges. The same goes for the AK-47 style firearms. Ammunition is gone as well. There are some less common calibers left but all 22, 9mm 40SW, 45 ACP, 223, 7.62x39, 308 and FN 5.7 are completely sold out. All parts, receivers, magazines ,etc are gone as well. Our distributors are even back ordered. I think I have just become unemployed by running out of product to sell. This is worse the 2008. Oh well looks like I get some time to spend with the family on Christmas. Are other vendors faring the same?

Re: Local gun shops OUT of semi autos.

I went to 3 stores over lunch, looking for a Springfield XDm 9mm compact I wanted to purchase before the ban (got it plus 2 each compact and extended mags.) All were out of ARs except for the third, which had only 2 22 LRs in stock. I asked him...he said that he had 20 5.56 this morning and they sold out by 9:15 am.

The store I work at now has a little over 100 ARs. They are now gone. Before I posted this I had talked to a former co-worker from another store I had worked at and it had around 200 AR/AK combined and he said they only have a few Smith and Wesson ORCs, some bushmasters ,and some Core 15s. He said they have around 20 left and should be out by tomorrow.

The shop closest to me is sold out. There are a few others nearby that raised their prices substantially and still have stock I hear.

Fun times.

I stalk a few online AR stores pretty religiously and they are picked clean of everything useful.

A small one man shop here in Billings had around 200 people come through his door and bought everything that he had.

I haven't been into my local store for a couple weeks but I can check their website which basically gives me a glimpse into their distributor's inventory. That way a customer can order a rifle online and pick it up in store later on. Two weeks ago they listed plenty of AR-15's, AK's, and other semi-auto rifles and now there's practically nothing. There are some .22LR S&W's but they have low quantities and it's hard to say how long that will last. I even looked at their bolt action rifles and when I bought my AAC-SD the distributor had something like 75 or 80 in stock. Now it's not even listed and it's no better for SPS Tacticals or 700 Varmints with low quantities of those too.

I have almost a morbid curiousity to go in there tomorrow and see what's left. I'm just glad I bought my rifle when I did, granted it's a bolt action, but my choices would've been pretty slim if I'd waited any longer.

I will sell you mine, 10 pmags, and 250 rounds for $20,000.00
laugh.gif
wink.gif

I saw a Gunbroker ad that sold 4 pmags for over 500.00
shocked.gif

Freakin insane.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will sell you mine, 10 pmags, and 250 rounds for $20,000.00
laugh.gif
wink.gif

I saw a Gunbroker ad that sold 4 pmags for over 500.00
shocked.gif

Freakin insane. </div></div>

Did you see that one thread on here? Pmags are selling for close to $1000 for 10! on gun broker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have almost a morbid curiousity to go in there tomorrow and see what's left. I'm just glad I bought my rifle when I did, granted it's a bolt action, but my choices would've been pretty slim if I'd waited any longer. </div></div>

I had that same morbid curiosity and stopped by Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday. Glad I did! I had been there on Monday - they were swamped then, but still had good inventory.

Yesterday, there was one Bushmaster AR with a polymer lower left for $699 in sight. The guy behind the counter, who I've dealt with before, was there, so I asked him - NOTHING else in the AR platform left except for a .308 Bushmaster ORC that had been set aside for a guy 30 minutes earlier and he hadn't come back for it... I've been wanting an AR-10ish rifle, so when he offered it up, I took it (at their normal retail price minus 5% vet discount). There was a guy who walked up next to me & heard the conversation - he was ready to buy it if I didn't.

Mags were wiped out and pistols were moving fast. The employees figured that unless they were already on a truck that was headed their way, they wouldn't get any ARs or mags for quite a while. The employees behind the gun counter fear they won't have anything to do (and no job) as soon as the gun inventory dries up.

Huge kudos to Sportsmans for not immediately raising their prices! They're not always the lowest price on everything and yes, they're a chain. But, at our local store, the employees are awesome and pretty darn knowledgable. They've earned (a lot of) my repeat business!

My store had roughly 400 ARs Saturday morning, as of right now I am completely out of anything with an "A" in front of it. I put out 35k 5.56 rounds in 5 minutes it was gone. I had about 500 PMags and they are gone with another 6000 on order.

No it was not this bad in 1994,but the overall condition of this country was'nt as serious,and there were more people around ready to nut up and get it over with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was it this bad in 1994? </div></div>

This is far worse in my opinion. I don't remember seeing this kind of run in '94. Like the poster above me said, the country is in a far worse and polarized place than it was in '94 so that's no doubt a major factor.

After being unable to contact my local dealer by phone Tuesday and Wednesday (busy/message queue full), I drove down yesterday around midday.

Parking was only available about a block away, and the line inside was like a snake. After waiting 20 min, I got to ask him whether the pair of 91/30's I had asked him to order several weeks ago had come in. "No". I thanked him, shook his hand, and complimented him for keeping an even keel for so long under the circumstances. He thanked me for being his customer.

That done, I left and continued on my round of errands.

There were about 2 dozen guns in his rack (it was about half full, not all that different from normal) and his ammo supply was reduced from stacks of cases in the middle of the floor to what would fit on the shelves. The door to the back room was closed, and I can only speculate on what was behind that. The only semi rifle I saw in the rack was a Garand, and I had seen that there on my previous visit the preceding Tuesday. People wanting handloading components were getting what they came for promptly and with a smile.

People in line were engaging each other in speculation, mostly wild/unfounded, and it was not a discussion I'd want to enter lightly. I did what I came to do and left ASAP.

I believe I made my continued interest in the 91/30's clear, and firmly intend to stay out of my dealer's hair for at least another week of two. If I get them, fine; if not, I'll count my blessings and keep a low profile with regard to my dealer. He knows who I am and where I'm coming from. Close enough for the moment.

Greg