• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Advanced Marksmanship Locations in TN?

reewik

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 8, 2009
    La Vergne, TN
    I really want to shoot prone. I live in Nashville area and want to know if someone can get me to a place to do this. Right now I can only shoot from a bench and it is hard to practice prone shooting when I cannot find a place to go.

Re: Locations in TN?

Eric,

Give Specialty Arms in Laverne a call. I would think one of those guys could put you on the right path.

david

Already tried, no success... Doesn't manchester have a range down there? I thought I heard it did??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reewik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Already tried, no success... Doesn't manchester have a range down there? I thought I heard it did?? </div></div>

Yes. It is called "Walden's Range". I believe you get off on Exit 105 off I24. When you exit, go to the right(coming from Nashville); turn right on 16th Model Rd and go a couple of miles and it is on the right.

The range goes to 300yds, but if it rains heavily, it is difficult to wade out to the 300 berm.

I will get better directions and make sure of the Exit no.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reewik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, Is it open to the public?

I have waders...LOL </div></div>

Yes, it is open to the public. He has a small shop before you get to the range proper. If no one is in the shop, you leave your $5 in a red box and you are GTG.

It is an unusual place, but still pretty functional. There are sundry pieces of heavy equipment sitting around in various states of disrepair and several housetrailers. There is also an IDPA range that is not open to the public(no great loss since they have a pistol range open to all).

When I was trying to find a place to shoot, I asked a friend about the range and directions. I asked him what it was like and he said one word . . . "Deliverance."

But it ain't that bad.

By the way, Terry Walden is one of the nicest guys you could meet.

Have you ever been to Montgomery County Shooting Complex? Check them out on the net. Ive been there and its pretty cool when you can zero in on there 100yd range then go over to the 400yd range and drive a golf cart out to set and look at your targets. Prolley one of the better ranges Ive been to. Your alot closer to it than me also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reewik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, Is it open to the public?

I have waders...LOL </div></div>

Lets hit it this weekend?