• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lock it down!

Exemer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
I'm having trouble finding the specifications of torque to secure my rifle scope. I need the torque to secure the SS scope rings to the base(I guess they are called windage screws, thats what people keep telling me). And help is very much appreciated.

Re: Lock it down!

I just got out my fat wrench and the instructions recommends for windage screws 30-40inch-lbs. Although they would recommend something that low to avoid blame of messing up the scope rings. The wrench doesn't even go to 65 so i need to get another wrench.

65 lbs is correct. And Brownells has them in stock and preset to 65 lbs. Well worth your investment. In the meantime run by a gunshop and have them do it for you. Do NOT over tighten.

Thanks guys. I'm now one step closer to being done. I put up a picture when I'm complete.

The fat wrench does go up to 65 in lbs. read the instructions!

Shit your right, it just doesnt have that line to indicate 65.

65 inch-pounds is right for Badger and TPS rings. For USO rings, it's 30 inch-pounds. For others, read the instructions, call or check the manufacturer's website.

Thanks for all the help. With some effort I got the entire rifle complete. Here are some pics.

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011-1.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

5 rounds at 100 yards final shots after zeroing the rifle. Freezing my ass off and wind blowing 15 mph.
IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg