• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Loctite for metal

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
is there such a thing? I don't mean for threads for say, taking two flat pieces of metal and fusing them together? Dropped my toughbook laptop and part of the frame is cracked on the right side. Looking to do some repairs.

Re: Loctite for metal

Not unless locktite has come out with something new recently. Locktite is pretty easy just make sure you follow the directions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bjdm151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not unless locktite has come out with something new recently. </div></div>

Haha ^^^

Loctite Black Max i.e. 380 It's been round forever (i.e. not new) and is about as good of a bond on metal-metal as you're going to get with an cyanoacrylate (strong bond but weak shear).

But if you're OK with straying from Loctite go with Gorilla glue. They have a few different formulations so chose the right one and use it.

Black Max is a toughened cyanocrylate. In order to improve its shear strength, rubber is added. McMaster Carr carries it, P/N 74555A44

Brownells:
blk max