• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brokenbone

Private
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2012
WNC
I just joined this forum.I typed in a 7 digit password and it changed it to 20 digit's and I can't log on without using a temporary password.Then it wont let me change the password.Can anyone help.

Re: Log in

I'm having the same issues. I forgot the PW when my computer dropped it, got a temporary one which worked. Still won't allow me to change my PW in the MY Stuff section. I have tried to change it many times and it will not work. Sucks as I'm trying to buy the DVD and it won't recognize my user name but yet I can reply here.

it is not "changing' the password, the dots are NOT the password... and clearly you are logged on. Stop paying attention to the "dots"

Having problems logging in, here are some possible reasons and fixes. 

1. Incorrect User Name.
You have to use your User name and not your Display name. These are two separate things. These are case sensitive and must be entered as shown. 

2. Incorrect Password 
Passwords are case sensitive and must be entered as shown. 

3. Browser problem related to using Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer has a known issue with UBB Threads, the software which powers SH. Because of this IE will randomly block your ability to log on, or stay logged on. If you find you cannot log on or you are being logged out try one of the following. 
a. Add Sniper's Hide to your trusted sites in IE 
b. Turn off Protection Mode 

If none of the following appears to be working, the next step is to download and use Firefox and Chrome. Using these browser is a known fix for the problems associated to using Internet Explorer. Both Firefox & Chrome are free and work better with UBB Threads. 

The Store is the NOT the same as the forum, they are on two different systems.

you cannot use the Forum log for the home page or store, it only works in the forum.