• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing LoggerHead Hardware Question?

Wheres-Waldo

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2008
Unknown
Does anyone know what size/pitch the allen head screw that tightens down the clamp for the height of the cheekpeice is?

Re: LoggerHead Hardware Question?

It takes a 3/16 wrench, but the threads are 1/4x28.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how about anyone ever put one in an HS stock? </div></div>

Not recommended.
The butt of the HS stock is hollow. After trying to successfully cut the comb/cheekpiece from your stock without having the cosmetics making you ill, you would have to fill the butt and then machine the proper slots and holes for the bottom assembly.

The comb/cheekpiece that you cut out would then have to be filled also and then machined for the upper assembly. I do not have one here to measure but am pretty sure the comb would not have enough width to accomodate the pocket for the upper assembly.

Hope this helps. Thanks for asking anyway.

No wind,
Terry

I don't know why you couldn't. There just isn't much stock there to work with when it comes to strength.

A saddle type would probably work better.

thats my fear when it comes to flush cups too. karsten it is i guess. thanks Terry