• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LOL reservists

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    I’d definitely consider changing someones bumper numbers for a shot at 10k

DxVPBFbZH5KFO.gif

I can see the Craigslist title now:
    For Sale, 1 Humvee,,,, slightly used.

And/or I can see the photo's of it's recover now. In Detroit. A frame, sitting on 4 beer-bottles.... freshly 'urban-camo'd'.

and nothing but a frame.

I wonder what the reward would be for a Harrier?

Reactions: Aftermath
    You're tax $$ at work! If they would decide to drop one of those puppies off at my place, I would pay good $$ for it. Just say'n. Mac:LOL:

Not sure what the 40th BSB is, but HQ6 means it was the Commander's vehicle. His driver is probably in deep shit, for leaving it unsecured.
    If the CO signed out for it, then they will just make a Statement of Charges to him for the cash.
    I definitely see the humor in this situation.

False flag prop?
    Doubt it. There are now some 20k Hmmwvs in civilian hands being restored, upgraded, pimped out. That set of armored doors
    Is alone worth $8k on the parts market. 500 for the snorkel. No false flag... chop shop and these parts will be in someones tactical buGout truck in a week.

If you ever dreamed about owning a Hmmwv... now is the time to buy. Good running 1990s trucks are about 12k. 30k gets pimped.

Also no computers. No electronics except a natron box. Simple glow plugs. No emissions. And Mine is registered as an antique. Which means $25 a year and no inspection.

What do silly computerized quads cost? For half that you can have a Hmmwv.

Sirhr

Last edited:
    BSB stands for Brigade Support Battalion. It is the Battalion in a Brigade Combat Team that all the brigade level mechanics, maintainers, and medical personnel are in. HHC (on the bumper number) stands for Headquarters and Headquarters Company. The HHC is usually the company that all the Battalion staff fall under for administrative purposes. So it was a bunch of POG maintainers and probably a staff officer that didn't secure their stuff...

Not sure what the 40th BSB is, but HQ6 means it was the Commander's vehicle.

They are a California National Guard unit. I don't need to go on beyond saying that In Iraq, I was comforted when other back-up units in our area were from "fly over states"... They tended to be more unruly.. but those guys could Shoot! During the second battle of Fallujah, the Marine CG (first MEF) had the good sense to call in the Oklahoma boys to be "support snipers".

There is a benefit to the military, by recruiting from areas where Gun Culture, stalking silently, and Marksmanship is practiced from a young age. It tends to make for a more proficient force.

Not sure what the 40th BSB is, but HQ6 means it was the Commander's vehicle. His driver is probably in deep shit, for leaving it unsecured.
    If the CO signed out for it, then they will just make a Statement of Charges to him for the cash.
    I definitely see the humor in this situation.
    Brigade Support Battalion

Bunch of fobbits.....

Doc

Doubt it. There are now some 20k Hmmwvs in civilian hands being restored, upgraded, pimped out. That set of armored doors
    Is alone worth $8k on the parts market. 500 for the snorkel. No false flag... chop shop and these parts will be in someones tactical buGout truck in a week.

If you ever dreamed about owning a Hmmwv... now is the time to buy. Good running 1990s trucks are about 12k. 30k gets pimped.

Also no computers. No electronics except a natron box. Simple glow plugs. No emissions. And Mine is registered as an antique. Which means $25 a year and no inspection.

Sirhr
    There goes my day ... dream shopping for another project I don't need.

Was just at the store.. saw this..
    Any y’all that are car nuts might recognize that Underground Racing logo at the door sill.. and yea I talked to the owner, it’s the X Package 😵😵😵
    Meaning 2000+ hp
    Amazing what we can do nowadays... make a car with nearly the power of a Top Alcohol Funny Car with the driveability of a daily driver.

Attachments

• 3187F90F-F4AB-4ED7-A8FB-9CBA348917E2.jpeg
      3187F90F-F4AB-4ED7-A8FB-9CBA348917E2.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 107
    • 020CB995-BEF0-495C-A2F0-92125972063F.jpeg
      020CB995-BEF0-495C-A2F0-92125972063F.jpeg
      706.1 KB · Views: 104
    • F32C10B5-2F6D-4447-AF21-C15C8FD4BF15.jpeg
      F32C10B5-2F6D-4447-AF21-C15C8FD4BF15.jpeg
      323.8 KB · Views: 102

Sirhr

Do the 90s trucks have the 6.5 Turbo diesel? I guess I should have kept reading must be the 6.2 if you swapped in a turbo.

Do the 90s trucks have the 6.5 Turbo diesel? I guess I should have kept reading must be the 6.2 if you swapped in a turbo.
    This is a 1994, 6.2 truck. really late units had 6.5's. And then at the very end of production came what were called the Special Forces Trucks, which were turbocharged. Not all went to SF I don't think. You can tell them by the extended front grille section not only for the turbo engine, but also for the air conditioning. Lots of up-armoring on those toaster-ovens.

BTW, anyone interested, big fan of G503 forum. There is a very knowledgeable (but small) group of HMMWV guys there. Also a good crowd on MeWe.

I bought this when I sold my M151 this past summer. I was looking for an M715, because I love them and always wanted one. But this dropped in my lap. Absolutely LOVE it!!! Nothing says "Eat Me Prius" like a HMMWV with a flying tigers face.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: Aftermath
    Looks like they didn't offer much protection compared to the JLTV .