• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lone Peak action nitride question

hlet

Private
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2021
canada
So I just got my new Lone Peak Fuzion action back from the gunsmith. This is my first custom action and first nitrided action. I noticed that there's a fair bit of the black finish worn off of the bolt already. Its not fired a round yet, just got back from chambering. I know the black finish is just a biproduct of the nitride treatment and the metal itself is still hardened underneath. I'm just wondering if this is normal for the finish to wear off so quickly. A friend of mine has a Kelby with over a thousand rounds on it and the nitride finish on that bolt is much less worn than mine. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_9935.jpg
    IMG_9935.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9934.jpg
    IMG_9934.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9933.jpg
    IMG_9933.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 53
Mine looks just like that. Granted it’s got about 6000 more rounds through it than yours, but I’m almost positive it started wearing early, and it’s never been an issue. I just assume it’s normal.