• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lone Peak Action

Sgtvandy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2020
Need some advice on good quality rings but here is the caveat....
Lone Peak Action and Im trying to lighten up my set up so would just like to stay with rings only (no picatinny rail) unless you guys can talk me into it.
I just purchased 30 mm Hawkins Hybrid which ive had before on current set up but with 34mm tube and Im confident in those but Im thinking of running the Swaro 1" tube 16oz scope for lightweight. Can someone recommend a solid ring that comes in 1" to fit a lone peak action or is talley the best option (only one i can find right now)

Willing to buy once cry once but needs to be light weight and dependable on a 6.5 PRC.

Thanks for the help.

Seekins used to have one inch aluminum rings, but they go on a rail...don't know if they still make them. If it were my action, I'd be checking out www.murphyprecision.com for a titanium rail, then use whatever light rings on that. I am not a fan of the one piece ring/base mounting because you have to remove ring caps to remove the scope.

Thanks for the Murphy Precision, thats exactly what I was hoping to get out of this thread a mom and pop set up made in america.

Just an FYI, I’ve weighed the 20 MOA rail that came with my Lone Peak long action and it was like 2oz. Hawkins UL tactical and Seekins rings weigh as much as the Hawkin direct mount. So the net additional weight is really just a couple ounces of the rail.