• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lone peak Fuzion and chassis fit

CST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2002
Md
I have a new Fuzion action and noticed the flat spots that were machined in the action from lug to tang. I'm considering all the chassis systems out there like AI, Sphur, MDT etc...
Anyone mount a fuzion into an aluminum chassis system without any issues? I don't want to bed if I have to. The inlets for Remington 700 take into consideration of a round action

Attachments

• 20231029_154751.jpg
    20231029_154751.jpg
    634 KB · Views: 83
I have 3 Fuzions each paired up with a MDT XRS chassis. The core of that is aluminum and no issues with any of them.

I have a new Fuzion action and noticed the flat spots that were machined in the action from lug to tang. I'm considering all the chassis systems out there like AI, Sphur, MDT etc...
Anyone mount a fuzion into an aluminum chassis system without any issues? I don't want to bed if I have to. The inlets for Remington 700 take into consideration of a round action
You wont have issues. I have 3 on a rotation of chassis and trad stocks

Foundation cuts their stocks to match the action facets perfectly, mine shot very well in the centurion, but also equally as well in a xlr envy pro.

Reactions: kthomas
Fuzions work great in Manners G2 Mini Chassis

I can pull mine and see if there are wear marks that indicate contact points, if you would like

Fuzions work great in Manners G2 Mini Chassis

I can pull mine and see if there are wear marks that indicate contact points, if you would like
That would be an interesting!

Didn’t realize the pics were crap until I had torqued everything back together… sorry

Markings on the receiver wiped off completely (nitriding shows no wear)

Attachments

• IMG_4534.jpeg
    IMG_4534.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4532.jpeg
    IMG_4532.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 79
Hard to tell ...doesn't look like much surface area contact...🤔

Would be impossible to tell in the pics. Just wondering How much surface area is in contact with the stock because of the flat milled areas. I'm was worried that because of the milled areas you only gonna get the sharp corners/edges in contact with the stock..which means less surface area contact..which means bedding may be necessary...that's all....
Thanks for taking the pics

It's not a lot of contact on the MCS G2 MC.

There are so many MCS G2 MC/XLR EPs/MDT ACC/Foundation stocks out there, being used frequently by heavy users, virtually none of whom have bedded their chassis... you would know if there was an issue with any of them

If I felt the need to bed a chassis, I would not buy that chassis

Reactions: CST
I just figured most chassis are designed for the rounded action of a Remington 700 compared to this style on the lone peak.. the milled flats would definitely provide an extra margin of bullet proof connection when bedding to a fiberglass stock.

My lone peak sits in an MPA matrix. Torked to spec. Zero problems. Prints 1/4 MOA with Peterson and Lapua like it's it's job. I think there's something wrong with it, always shoots tiny groups regardless of how much powder I use haha, it just doesn't seem to notice a load change. 6 dasher. Also I know someone's going to ask - I do not have any feed issues from the mags. Love this thing!

KRG uses radius bedding vs most others, most of whom use v-block. So I suppose the KRG theoretically could have 4pts of contact vs. 2pts in a worse-case v-block situation. Best case v-block it seems the angles could match up and you’d get 100% contact.

But I just play a gunsmith on TV. I’m just armchair guessing here.

Reactions: brettb614
I've had them in mpa ba comps and multiple mdt chassis's. All shoot amazing. I can't take the rifle in and out of the chassis and most times won't even effect zero.