• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lone peak fuzion extraction issues

Areece11

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2021
Northeast Tennessee
I have a lone peak fuzion that is on a 6 Dasher chambered rifle and I'm having extraction issues and wondering if anyone knows where I could get a extractor kit? Sometimes it throws the brass out a few inches and sometimes not at all. It's not hitting the windage knob or anything else so maybe thinking it's the extractor? I have been emailing and calling Lone peak for over 3 months now with no response. Any help is appreciated!

Yep, it’s a known issue with lone peak actions. They eject high and hit the mount and bounce back in. Look at the bottom of your mount where it hangs over the ejection port, it’ll be banged up and have brass marks.

Fortunately the fix is relatively simple, you just need to file off the corner of the extractor. I don’t have more in depth instructions than that as my gunsmith had already done that before mine arrived.

Maybe someone else will chime in with better instructions.

Here’s a pic of mine.

292CF23D-EBDF-42F0-AE8B-3895FFF28906.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a lone peak fuzion that is on a 6 Dasher chambered rifle and I'm having extraction issues and wondering if anyone knows where I could get a extractor kit? Sometimes it throws the brass out a few inches and sometimes not at all. It's not hitting the windage knob or anything else so maybe thinking it's the extractor? I have been emailing and calling Lone peak for over 3 months now with no response. Any help is appreciated!
They won't respond. It's a known issue. I even brought it up to loan peak guys at a match and they acted ignorant. Yet the highest volume LP smith's all know this mod and will do it if you have issues. Pretty shitty company ethics IMO.

I done the extractor mod like in about pics and still having the issue with it barely electing brass/spinning the brass around and going right back in the chamber. Below is pic of my bolt face. Any other ideas or help?

Attachments

• 70BE2E51-E800-432C-A158-DCB119F039EB.jpeg
    70BE2E51-E800-432C-A158-DCB119F039EB.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 82
I had the same issue with mine. Not sure if you're seeing the same thing I was because I'm using a Creedmoor length case but.. First issue was failure to extract a case out of the chamber I narrowed that down to a weak extractor spring, I got a hold of them and they sent a new extractor and spring with a small rubber plug to put in the extractor spring to offer more spring pressure. I was still having problems with extraction/ ejection it was almost every other case would just tumble around and stay in the ejection port. They told me to file down the corner of the extractor even though I wasn't using a scope mount, tried that and still no luck so I took a video of it and sent that to them.. They sent me a different bolt to try and that took care of it. It still has weak ejection compared to my impact but on the bright side I don't have to chase brass all over the range. The only thing I can think of is the ejector plunger may be a little longer in the new bolt I never got a measurement of the old one so I'll never know.

Reactions: Areece11