• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Lone Ranger

MontanaKid

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2011
Body:Washington. Soul: Montana
Just saw a commercial/preview. Johnny Depp plays the Indian. I can only imagine how much the native Americans will appreciate this.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nlrQD8Kvk6M"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nlrQD8Kvk6M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Lone Ranger

it kinda pisses me off they chose him to play the role. Im not a native american but its sad they cant expand their creative minds enough to find someone new. kinda like the joke of having Robert Downey Jr play the black dude in Tropical Thunder

Well, Depp may be a Hollywood Elite idiot......but he is a good actor and I'm sure with his typical Liberal views, he'll do the role justice so as to not offend the real American Indians...... I think...

I have read, that Depp, actually stayed on the reservation, and met with the elders, etc, so that he would portray the character properly according to the tribe. Now this may be a bunch hoo haa, but he does seem to be one of the "method" actors that gets into his character like deniro, bale, or crowe, and if he did take the time to meet with the tribe, that is one step furhter than most if any actors would do.

Kind of like all of the British actors who've played American soliders in "Band of Brothers" and "Black Hawk Down"? I don't see why it's such a big deal? Also, if you're only going to movies with avowed conservative actors, you're placing far too much emphasis on ideology and less on enjoying the art of storytelling. I think a lot of actors are annoying blow hards, but I could care less about their personal lives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Johnny Depp plays the Indian. I can only imagine how much the native Americans will appreciate this.

</div></div>

they appreciate being called indians too, especially in the same dialog that native American appears in.

I don't claim to know everything about actors, seems like a waste of time. BUT, Johnny was a very good friend of Hunter S. Thompson, who was about as pro-gun as they come. I've also got pictures of Johnny training with Taran Butler... Also, Johnny is from Kentucky and rumor has it that he has some Native American blood in him...

Just because he's a well paid Hollywood actor doesn't automatically mean he's a douche. Or, maybe he is. I don't really care, I like his movies.

Saw it tonight, it was entertainment and Depp did a good job IMO.

But... like the comments above, it was capitalism is evil and white man is bad. I was more than a little disappointed with the direction they took the story and message.

Last edited:
Johnny Depp is a Pro Gun Celebritie...

Depp recalls fond memories about shooting as a kid and plans to teach his children to shoot.

Depp says, “We would just go out and line up a bunch of cans and shoot with rifles, handguns and at times, submachine guns,” Depp admits. “When I was a kid it was a controlled atmosphere, we weren’t shooting at humans – we were shooting at cans and bottles mostly. I will most certainly take my kids out for target practice.”

I liked the movie but they could have casted the LR with a better actor. Movie was slow getting there but worth the price of a couple tickets for the wifey and me.

When I go see any movie with johnny depp I expect comedy, I may be the most broaded mind person in the world, but I did find it quite entertaining and hilarious. If I went to movies for realism then I would never go to one. Johnny depp does a good job acting like and idiot, or crazy... I liked it, and I would watch it again.

I liked the movie. Surprised it didn't do better in the box office. Seemed to be alot of older people in the theater, maybe the lone ranger is getting dated??? I am 41 and grew up with lone ranger reruns and toys. I didnt really care for them making the lone ranger as kind of a duffus though.

Seen this the other day. It was ok but the LR character was awful. Grew up watching the LR and never considered him a pussy. This movie makes him out to be one. Other than that it was ok.